Speedo Cable for JZA70

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
The other day my speedo started really jumping around, became very loud, and finally quit working all together. I detached the cable from the tranny and the cable was all twisted and frayed. My question is, does anyone know if this cable is the same as the cable for the north american R154 supras? Being right hand drive I wasn't sure if length would be different.
Thanks,

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
length is probably slightly different but probably not by much... as far as using a jdm speedo cable versus a usdm speedo cable is different i would guess because they each are made for different measurements of speed

e.i. usdm measures m.p.h
jdm measure kph

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
87supraguy;1583192 said:
...because they each are made for different measurements of speed

e.i. usdm measures m.p.h
jdm measure kph

Errr... I'm pretty sure the cluster side of things is the only difference here. Look at a USDM cluster, MPH is on 'top' but you can see/convert it to KPH 'underneath' that, within the MPH ring, follow me? That said, I could be completely wrong, I've never seen a JDM cluster up close...

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
North American doesn't necesarrily mean USDM, us Canadians use KM/hr so I don't think that will be an issue. From what I have seen there is not a different part number for cable between CDN and US, just the cluster itself. I was mainly concerned with length, but I think I will buy the parts and give it a shot. I think I may just need the lower cable but haven't had time to pull it apart yet and have a good look.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
i think your right it maybe the speed dial moves the same distance but the cluster is what refelects the kph or mph... let us know what you find.