Speeding Ticket from Lidar

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
So I'm exiting the 57 Freeway in my daily driver Neon, and there's this big hill that I go down to get to school. My school (Cal Poly Pomona) is pretty much a buncha hills and easy pickings for police to setup a speedtrap. Well I'm late so I hit about 55-60mph at the top of the hill. I downshift going down the hill and by the bottom I KNOW I'm going 50mph. I know this because I was pulled over on the 71 freeway for doing 91 when my Cruise control was set at 80mph. That cop let me off with a warning. Anyhow I thought it might be my speedo is messed up and went to the Dodge dealer, and nope, everything is fine. Anyhow, this cop pulls me over and says he got me on Lidar doing 59.7mph from about 570 feet away. He says I'm doing 59 in a 45 which 14 over and still an infraction not a misdemeanor. He says I didn't slow down either. Since I'm already late for class, I just figure ehh, might as well see the Lidar gun. He shows it to me while I'm gawking at his bike (I love the BMW R1100 RT-P), and shows me how to use it and everything. It's a pretty wicked weapon for law enforcement officers out there. Place the dot on the plate and squeeze the trigger. I get this Civic doing 45 in a 40 zone :icon_bigg , and he says the negative sign means they're moving away from you, positive means they're coming toward you. I heard if they don't have a Lidar printout to verify the speed written down, the Judge MIGHT throw the ticket out. Plus I also noticed.. I don't have a front plate to reflect off of. He probably just hit my front bumper. In any event, I need to delay the first hearing cause it falls on the first week of summer session, and I can't be at a courthouse from 8:30 am to 4:00pm waiting for a hearing while I have classes to register for and attend. Either way I was pissed this morning at first, until he said that since it's been over 15 months since my last ticket (2 years, 3 months to be exact), Traffic school is an option for me again. Plus I got an 84/100 on my Physics Midterm that had a 58 average which made me feel better. I haven't decided whether to fight or pay. So today I came away with this: 1)Lidar is very impressive and terrifyingly accurate. 2) I kicked that Physics's test's ass. 3) Motorcycle cops are not all dicks, but it would have been better if he let me off with a warning :icon_frow . and 4) Motorcyle cops have really nice bikes. So I'm not too bitter about it... but still, speed traps need to go the way of the horse and carriage: History.

[Speed Traps] :bigun2:

I would say American cars, but I have a special affinity for those. After all I drive a Neon daily... :momaru:

BTW I love these smilies.

L

lanky189

OH OHO H I KNOW HOW YOU CAN SOLVE THIS!

drive the speed limit..

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
or sand your license paint and wash your car w/ sand paper so it doesnt reflect light as well.
or yea dont speed