Specs for machining 2JZ USDM Cams for a 1JZ Engine.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Hi,

I was wondering what the machining specifications I would need to know to relay to a local machinist. I want to get a set of USDM 2JZ cams machined to put into my 1JZ but I don't know what to tell them when I take it to the shop.

There is a guy only a few minutes away and I know he does excellent work, but I need to know what to tell him. The 'local' supra shop is in kitchener which is about an hour and a half or two hours away.

Thanks.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Thanks, I have looked in the stickies a while back actually. I didn't see the numbers. It's either been edited or I missed. It is more likely however that I missed it. Thanks again.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
really? maybe it was posted in another cam thread

turns out i still have them on my iphone's notes from when i gave them to honestabe

oil seal areas need to be cut down to 38.15mm and the exhaust cam's thrust journal needs to be 22.15mm front to back

easiest way is to just take a stock 1j cam set to them, and have them copy the measurements

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I've thought about the latter, but I was planning on having the engine running and only having it down for an evening to install the 2J cams. As it is down already I might just have them done early and put them in before I get the car running.

Thanks.

(Maybe you should add the numbers to the first post just in case, in your sticky.)