Spec Twin reviews?

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
SD2JZA70;1106859 said:
That doesnt sound good. Have you contacted Spec about this?

i just pulled the trans and reinstalled it thinking the fitting's were leaking,but it's still leaking.i'm not sure what to do with it yet,so i haven't contacted them.i'm most likely going to take a break for awhile.i did get to put 800 mile's on it this summer,probably sit on blocks a bit.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IJ.;1109017 said:
no pedal stop allowing it to overtravel past the annular seal.

That is the issue without a doubt. Spec does not sell it with a throttle stop. Hell Not even tilton in the $4.5k Triple Carbon setup sells throttle stop for their setup!

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i'm not sure i follow you guy's with this pedal stop.do you guy's think putting more play in the pedal will help.i probably can't add to much more play without making it hard to go in gear.sorry for the thread jack,i've never heard about this before.thanks for the replie's and input on this.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Poodles;1109905 said:
From the reports, it will hold it fine...

If you put a pedal stop on the clutch it will hold up to plain driving, otherwise it WILL NOT hold. Ask me how I know. As a matter of fact, anyone that has driven on this clutch for a while, you can only know if you have driven at least 500 miles, mine took only 200 though as I used the clutch often. (The slave seal pops on it.)

Power wise, I have no doubt it will hold and am confident it will not be an issue. Pedal stop and I think you will be golden. :)

Duane