Speakers?

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
I'm not much into putting money in my car thats not going to make it faster but I do need some speakers. The stock ones are horrible! If I turn up the bass just a little bit I get this annoying buzz sound from the speakers(I think there blown). I'm just looking for something thats better then stock, not too pricey, wont make that buzz sound, and that I can pick up at a local store. And something that does not require any modification.

Yea...I think thats it!:icon_bigg

pres6

Aug 12, 2007
Richardson, TX
you can fit the infinty 4x6 in the rear, just need a dremel tool to make the opening larger. beleive it or not the difference in bass on 4" to 4x6 is a big one.

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Yup, you ain't gonna get any bass out of a 4"...

On a positive note, though, you will get a lot better sound with aftermarket speakers, and no buzzing... The factory speaker boxes are actually tuned decently, and I noticed that when I ran a pair of 4" speakers up there temporarily they sounded very good for what they were...

If you want a decent set of drop in speakers for a reasonable price that you can get from a local store, check out Alpine SPS-10C2 or Boston Acoustics S45. Both, IMHO, sound better than the Infinitys with better low end response and smoother range. Also, looking at Infinity's site, it appears that both of their current 4" drivers (the Kappa and the Reference) are 2Ohm, which I don't advise running straight off a headunit (whether stock or aftermarket).

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
best to get 6 inch speaker pods and replace the stock ones with speakers of your choosing. i'm using audiobahn seperates,and they put out good bass. just do it right so you wont have to do the mod over again.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
If you really want a cheap replacement that will sound better than the buzzing...

Buy some pioneer 4" at walmart or best buy for about 50/pair.

I'd never buy that cheap a speaker, but I've had friends get them and they're not that bad. Certainly a huge improvement from the blown ones.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
I bought those 4" pioneer speakers in Downtown LA, I got 4 speakers for $60 and they work better than my blown ones. Not great speakers but they are good for the price and ease of install.