speakers in my pre 89

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
hey

im looking at getting some speakers for my 86.5 MA70 supra.
at the moment i have no head unit or speakers at all in my supra because when i bought it it had them taken out for some reason.
looking at getting just 2 front speakers and a head unit to start with and then get rears and subwoofers later on down the track.

im wondering what i should get 6x9s or 6.5" and basically im not 100% sure on what would be best for me. ive heard you cant fit higher then 4" in my model so is there a way to possibly make up something to fit bigger ones or do i really have to buy new door trims? i just bought some new ones so i dont really wanna get new ones.

also any suggestions on what head unit and front speakers i should get to suit me best? also i want to have it so its compatible with the rears and sub when i get them. ok so what im after is fairly good quality and they need to be loud ( quite loud lol) i had a look at some and want to have them probs around 250-300 watts so any recommendations on what ones to get? and also im thinking of going 2 12" subwoofers when i get my subs. im looking at going atleast 500-700 watts RMS for each sub when im all done but for now i realy only need to know about the head unit and front speakers. any suggestions welcome.

thanks
Jamie