speaker replacement

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
im trying to replace the speakers on my 1989 supra. i already replaced the front door speakers and the ones all the way in the back. I cant get the ones in the middle out( the ones that rest on the back seat). i tried to remove the grill, but the cover started to crack so left it as it is., but surely there must be a way to remove those speakers... any help will be appreciated

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
whowouldfigga;1160822 said:
There is a screw located right above the tonneou cover holder. It sits at a angle. Remove it and the speaker cover and part of the plastic trim come out together as on piece.

Exploded diagram

yea i already did that, but im talking about the middle ones. let me try and find and picture....

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
qazgx3.jpg

the one to the left

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
hey i know this isn't what this thread is about (off topic) but what speakers did you use? something to just replace the old ones (drop in)?

if so any pictures of the new speakers you used? and what kind were they?

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
BrandonW;1160840 said:
hey i know this isn't what this thread is about (off topic) but what speakers did you use? something to just replace the old ones (drop in)?

if so any pictures of the new speakers you used? and what kind were they?

i used some 4 inch kickers in the front and in the back. They both fitted perfectly
1001844fs4.jpg

i just need to remove the middle ones and toss some 5.25's ill post pics of it when i get the job done

sogi99;1161236 said:
I found this on tsrm this will tell you how to remove the whole panel. You also need to remove the bottom seat

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=BO&P=38

thanks alot!