Spark Plug Wires Recommendation

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
What brand of spark plug wires is good for producing about 400+ HP? (turbo) There is a lot of brands our there and I just wanted everyone's input. Think about MSD, NGK, and Bosch.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
figgie;977402 said:
any

literally!

OEM, NGK, Bosch. All work.

yep, our ignition systems are very good so any wire will work. NGK seems to sell well and are pretty high quality.

http://www.a2motorsports.net/ngk-spark-plug-wiresturbo.html

NGK does make a "performance" wire as well called "power cables"

"Less resistance equals improved engine performance!

NGK new ultra-low resistance Power Cable spark plug wire sets reduce spark energy loss for increased power flow. These wire sets offer a 30% increase in available spark energy compared to OEM plug wires. NGK plug wires utilize a construction method known as "variable pitch" wire winding to create resistance to radio frequency interference. They feature custom designed terminal boots that provide an exact fit and high quality silicone coverings to resist high temperatures, oil, and chemical damage. Each wire is fitted with a positive locking, corrosion resistant nickel-plated terminal end for a tight fit and maximum resistance to vibration and separation. The wires are numbered to correspond to cylinder numbers and the coil wires are color coded for correct and easy installation."

Never sold any Power Cables so I cant comment.

Hope this helps.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
stock wires FTW

They cost the same as the NGK's, but include all the parts that hold the wires where they should go...