Spark Plug Help Needed

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I recently had my 7mge rebuilt by a very reputable shop. I'm not sure what oil they used as the break in oil but I switched to Castrol GC 0-30 at around 2k miles. I had to add oil more often than normal for an engine that should by now be broken in. Then at around 3-4K I decided to have a look at my spark plugs to verify all was well mechanically inside. They had installed NGK BCPR6EGP plugs which are shown as for a turbo model. I found cyl #5 coated in what looks like ash, so I installed Champion RC12YC plugs. They guy was actually kind of miffed that I had changed from NGK to the Champions. There's no way that has anything to do with the problem, since the first pic I sent him was of the NGK fouled the same way I contacted the shop to let them know I may have some kind mechanical problem, sent them pictures of all the spark plugs, they reply back was they looked normal, that maybe that cylinder hadn't seated yet. I was not happy with the answer, so I took the car back to them, they did a compression test and said everything was right on mechanically. They said it may be a bad injector. I checked the plug again today and still the same thing. So I'm asking here for everyone’s input of if they think this is a mechanical issue or a bad injector.
I'm posting a pic of the third plug I pulled today, and a link to the picks of the first set of NGKs I sent him in to begin with.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jusrick/Supra4kSparkPlugChange121310#

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 12

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I don't drive it hard at at, maybe sometimes spirited getting on the freeway. If you use the link you can see all six plugs and only cyl#5 shows any signs of ash or carbon deposits. In the pic I just posted, that plaug has less than 500 miles on it, the other 5 plugs are perfectly normal.