Spark plug gap?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
86_sports_1jz;1221479 said:
i think the 6097s are copper but i want to know if they are cold enough for boost and nitrious, i was also thinking about the 3330s

if its not use a colder range ;) not wasting much money finding out...few dollars.... the ngk's listed are a range colder than stock iirc and ive heard more people choosing them over the autolites.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i know the 6097s are a heat range of 7s but i was looking for something like a heat range of 8s just for safety

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
suprahero;1222107 said:
At what boost are you hitting it? What's your fuel pressure set at?

this is what has been confusing me since ive had the car, the car is bone stock no boost controller or anything just dp and catback (3in). The car is hitting 15psi and then cutting out. i had put the silencer in before and it stopped cutting out (this was before i changed my spark plugs) now even with the silencer in its cutting out.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I bought the NGK 3330's yesterday, gapped them to .026 and installed them. I started and let it run and took it out 7 psi was good. So I turned it up to 10 psi. No breaking up. Finally!! Then I got pulled over. Luckily he let me off with a warning. I hate D.C...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gnarkill87;1222447 said:
this is what has been confusing me since ive had the car, the car is bone stock no boost controller or anything just dp and catback (3in). The car is hitting 15psi and then cutting out. i had put the silencer in before and it stopped cutting out (this was before i changed my spark plugs) now even with the silencer in its cutting out.

Yeah the downpipe and 3" exhaust lets the turbo flow a little more I guess. I've heard of other people hitting fuel cut when they've installed a BIC DDP.
You're hitting fuel cut and not just the plugs breaking up though, right?
I woldn't want to hit much more than 15psi though. You may want to get a manual boost controller and set it at 15psi and be done with it until you do some more upgrades.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
suprahero;1224125 said:
Yeah the downpipe and 3" exhaust lets the turbo flow a little more I guess. I've heard of other people hitting fuel cut when they've installed a BIC DDP.
You're hitting fuel cut and not just the plugs breaking up though, right?
I woldn't want to hit much more than 15psi though. You may want to get a manual boost controller and set it at 15psi and be done with it until you do some more upgrades.

Well i got it fixed, my bov had the vaccum lines hooked up inproperly, that and the silencer has stopped the cutting out. thanks for all the help jay.

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
i just gaped mine today after riding on the stock gap or the out of the box gap on some nkg iridium plugs only put 3500 miles on them since i did my swap and was getting some sputter and missfire but i gaped mine to .025 and its money on stock boost and turbos just got to save my money for some ls1 coil packs