Spark blowout?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mine stutters real bad in higher rpms. Take your plugs out and regap them about two thousands smaller. Put them back in and drive it down the road. If it persist, try it again. I currently have to gap mine at .020 to run 23psi.

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
So it just sputters? Is there a lack of power? The reason im asking is that when going into boost my car falls on it's face. I can hear the turbo spool, I can free rev it and get bost, im registering at 13 psi without fuel cut, but the car lacks power when going into boost only. Outside of boost it drives like a n/a car should My mechanic thinks its spark blow out.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Is it running rich? Do you have a wideband installed to let you know your AFR's? Are you throwing any codes? No boost leaks at all?

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Rich as hell, my AEM took a crap so im in the process of getting another or looking into a dataloggin unit. I'll cheak for leaks again but I found nothing last I looked, no codes are being thrown.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
RICH = STUTTERING...

Sometimes.;)

I know if I turn up my fuel, it will stutter at PRETTY rich... and FALL ON IT'S FACE if you DUMP a load of fuel... especially under transition INTO boost.

-crisp

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Cya;1361783 said:
Whould running that rich inhibit power so much that you feel slower than no boost at all?

Can it? Yes, in my opinion.

-crisp

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Tooo rich is not going to be good for your rings either. You need to get it fixed before driving it around everywhere. I know you're trying too and that's why you posted here, but don't drive it unless you have too.