Sparco Seats With Honda Logo. Sacrifice Worth Making? :)

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Hey guys,

I have the opportunity (if you want to call it that) to purchase two genuine Sparco Sprint seats that have been reupholstered in black leather. New foam was installed. No hardware, no brackets or sliders. I have Wedge brackets already. The only problem is, there is a giant purple Honda logo embroidered on the head rests.

He's asking $100 for both. Sound too good to be true? Should I gouge my eyes out before I see them in person? Maybe some spray paint will take care of it. :D

$_20.JPG

Last edited:

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Ha for that price I would get creative. Maybe just stitch a black patch with an mk3 logo or something.Idk could check around with an upholstry shop or two and get their opinion on what they could do and their prices. Worst case u pick em up and resale them as long as u havent cut them all up yet u should be able to make your money back if not more

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Ya. I've been thinking about it all day. The least I could do is dye the logo's black to match the seats. That would certainly be the cheapest direction. :D

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
I don't think a logo is a good enough reason to pass up a quality product if they are truly genuine as you say. Buy the seats at this bargain and then worry about the logo later. I think you can even unembroider something if you have the right person and then put an mk3 or supra logo in its place to cover the fades.

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
toyMKIII;1993190 said:
I don't think a logo is a good enough reason to pass up a quality product if they are truly genuine as you say. Buy the seats at this bargain and then worry about the logo later. I think you can even unembroider something if you have the right person and then put an mk3 or supra logo in its place to cover the fades.

Good to hear. I'm probably going to pick them up a little later this evening. I was guaranteed by the guys 'Wife' that they are genuine. Let's hope because I know where they live. :p

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
Cool! I think i'd do the same in your shoes.

As 7M4EVR said, worst case scenario you can resale for more to a Honda guy. It'll be a good return on investment in my eyes if that's what it comes down to and nothing works out.

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Well, was supposed to be the seats up today, but there was a family problem on their end and they had to go to the Hospital. Hoped everything was alright and will keep in touch with them over the weekend.

I'm assuming using a 3-point harness bolted up to the stock pillar location is a bad idea? Anyone have a harness bolted down without a harness bar using other bolt locations?

Last edited:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
BabylonDown;1993268 said:
Well, was supposed to be the seats up today, but there was a family problem on their end and they had to go to the Hospital. Hoped everything was alright and will keep in touch with them over the weekend.

I'm assuming using a 3-point harness bolted up to the stock pillar location is a bad idea? Anyone have a harness bolted down without a harness bar using other bolt locations?

I wouldn't risk it. Any aftermarket harness should be installed correctly to avoid any injuries to yourself in the event of an accident: http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf

aixgelo78

Jan 27, 2014
Cherry Hill, NJ
Hmmm, carefully remove the embroidery with a razor blade and have a vinyl sticker cover it up? Ive seen vinyl stickers on leather before and they stick to it half decent.... Just a though