SP61GT bolt on Dyno numbers if you care.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Went down to KY this weekend for a meet.

Recently replaced my stock turbo with the SP61GT bolt on.

Previous numbers were 293 and 322.

New numbers 345 and 335.

Setting on the MBC remained the same, so those were at 12-13 psi.

Basically, gained 50rwhp with the bolt on.

The spooling characteristics are much different (read lag) but when the thing gets spooled it rocks.

Thought I would pass on my findings.

Hope to get to the track this week as my previous best was 13.8@101, and I should beat that easily.

Dan

Posted on SF as well.

Last edited:

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Thanks for the info.

Why are the torque numbers so close? Are the graphs similar up to a point the the SP pushes on past with the better flow?

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Halsupramk3 said:
Thanks for the info.

Why are the torque numbers so close? Are the graphs similar up to a point the the SP pushes on past with the better flow?

I really need to sit down and try to analize the graphs a bit better. I expected more torque as well.

I will get them posted up on Mon. so you guys can help me out.

Bottom line is going from the stock CT to this is a major difference in drivability. I never had to shift gears on the freeway at 70 mph to make a quick, clean pass in 5th before.

The CT was almost like driving an auto in that situation.

I am happy with the power and know I will do much better at the track.

Not 100% sure I made the right decision for my driving style but then again I don't mind running through the gears. Thats why I have driven a stick exclusivley in my vehicles since 1983.

I just got very used to pushing down the gas in whatever gear I was in and getting (almost) instant spool.

Don't get me wrong, in powerband this fucker rocks. But now powerband starts at over 4K when it used to be about 3K or less

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Turn up the boost to 17-18psi. The SP61GT is practically asleep at that boost level. Your torque will be much higher and come on sooner with more boost. Also, take the engine to redline and you will noticee that the power does not die out at 5500rpm's any more.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
For changing not a damn thing besides the turbo, I'd say that's not too bad IMO. Nice sign of things to come.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
drjonez said:
send me the data files and i'll plot them on the same graph (anyone have winpep7 yet?).

the SP61 "kit" is horrid. no fun to install.

care to elaborate? ill find out on my own soon enough anyway...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
nope. it was done over a weekend and they're not home then. i didn't buy the kit, i just installed it. i was far too frustrated to want to tell anyone how much their product sucked....

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
THe oil lines are definantly a pain. It took me forever the first time to get them angled right. Once you get the oil lines situated, bolt-on the turbo, clock it properly making sure the wastegate rod is straight, then tighten all the "housing" bolts down. Install the accordian hose on(pray it stretches), Then bolt on the downpipe. I have not installed many turbos, so I'm not sure how hard or complete others are.

You also need to drill and tap the wastegate fitting near the outlet of the compressor housing.

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
Dan had some fun getting it to fit. But DAMN!!! That thing was loud as hell. And his presents is known when he passes you. Great job Dan. Hope the HG likes the boost :D

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Great to hear you got it up and running Dan, nice numbers. Let me know when your going to the track, I might like to go too. I just turned up the boost on my car and am hoping to better my best of 14.5. :)