SP61 first gen help.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
a lot of places
-4 AN for oil feed
-10 An for oil drain
I just buy summit racing brand Becuase it's an aluminum fitting and are very high tech and summits brand is a lot cheaper too. Sumeet on the Facebook page sells them. He's probably your best bet, hell set you up with a kit.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Summit AN fittings are under sized and suck balls. Go with Earls

You people keep forgetting that you get what you pay for. Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick 2.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
IndigoMKII;1980368 said:
Summit AN fittings are under sized and suck balls. Go with Earls

You people keep forgetting that you get what you pay for. Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick 2.

Summits fittings are fine. I'm using them right now and have no problem. just like eBay intercooler piping. It's the same as spending twice as much from somewhere else. Or an eBay intercooler. They work fine for 500 hp and I know plenty of people using them without problems.Cheap fast and reliable doesn't apply to everything. It's not like if it's cheap that automatically means it sucks. Define "you people"

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1980384 said:
Summits fittings are fine. I'm using them right now and have no problem. just like eBay intercooler piping. It's the same as spending twice as much from somewhere else. Or an eBay intercooler. They work fine for 500 hp and I know plenty of people using them without problems.Cheap fast and reliable doesn't apply to everything. It's not like if it's cheap that automatically means it sucks. Define "you people"

Just to give you a little idea of what I mean. http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1209_an_hose_ends_fittings_comparisons/viewall.html

And just like ebay intercooler piping, you can get that massively thin wall bullshit that'll crush before it gets tight enough to do anything.

Cheap, fast and reliable applies to all things if you think about it correctly.

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
based on the info in that article a -6 summit fitting is the same weight and same id in and out of an earls fitting and less than half the price.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Sparky33;1980880 said:
based on the info in that article a -6 summit fitting is the same weight and same id in and out of an earls fitting and less than half the price.

I was hoping someone would catch that Becuase he basically proved me right so I just didn't feel like keeping the argument going. lol

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1980900 said:
I was hoping someone would catch that Becuase he basically proved me right so I just didn't feel like keeping the argument going. lol

and you clearly didn't get my point, I was showing you a -6 isn't always the same. google summit hose ends and check out all the threads from people complaining of leaking fittings etc etc.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
IndigoMKII;1980926 said:
and you clearly didn't get my point, I was showing you a -6 isn't always the same. google summit hose ends and check out all the threads from people complaining of leaking fittings etc etc.

People complain about everything. The only thing you need to pay attention to is getting the right fitting to match your hose material. And plus, not everything you read on google is correct. I'm using summit racing fittings and they're about 2k miles strong still moing no leaks. Unless you've actually used them yourself your point is invalid. I'm even using summits braided hose and I have no problems. Couldn't complain about quality. My turbos using Fragola and summit.