Source for Headlight Switch? Part is Discontinued

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Trying to get my Supra to pass TX basic inspection. Fortunately it is now 25 years old and doesn't have to pass emissions anymore, but unfortunately, not everything is working up to par to pass.

I need to replace the headlight switch. It is old and there are no more "clicks" in it and it won't activate the highbeams without some serious wiggling around to get it to do it (have to be able to do all of this to pass TX inspection)

Toyota part# 84112-80019 is now discontinued and I don't know where to look to source a new one. I would assume that any that I find used will be in just as bad of shape so I am hoping someone might have some insight.

Thank you

**Edit: I did find a Wells Vehicle Electronic Headlight Switch # SW2775 that claims to be a direct fit. Can anyone confirm this?**

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Look for a good used one in the for sale section and post in the wtb section. Just because yours is bad doesnt mean everyone elses is. MIne works fine.

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
hvyman;2011071 said:
Look for a good used one in the for sale section and post in the wtb section. Just because yours is bad doesnt mean everyone elses is. MIne works fine.

I didn't mean everyone elses is, but it is a part that wears out pretty easily over time with the various functions that it has. My first MK3 in 2000 had the same issue and I replaced it, but of course back then, they were available. I'm certainly not opposed to buying a used one, just want a good one :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
huh discontinued? i can get the switch or the whole lever new. i also have a company that can make them... maybe you are looking in the wrong places.

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Interesting! I called 3 dealerships in Austin that told me it was discontinued and Curt at Elmhurst told me it was as well. Call me stupid then I guess!

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Yes, I looked into buying a headlight switch last month and I couldn't find a new one either. TPO told me it was not available, but that one for a later model would probably work. Tubby offered to sell me a used one from a '90.

Since I'm building a ChumpCar, I opted to remove the headlight stalk, and wired in some nice NTE rocker switches in the panel where the fog light switch is. One raises the headlights, one turns on the headlights and taillights, and one is high/low beam. This got the fragile stalk out of the way of drivers feet as they get in and out of the car through the roll cage.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
wells did carry it but now they dont- ill call shee-mar sometime this week to see if they can make some

Last edited: