SOS with engine wiring!!

Supranova42

Nov 17, 2013
Marietta
Please i need help with my engine. I bought an 88 7mgte a few months ago, it had a blown head gasket, I fixed it, it ran good for a day then it blew again cause i used 55 fp instead of 77 fp. So i fixed it again, not too hard this go around. I got everything back together and I got it to run, really rough but it would run. I let it sit for a week or so, and when I put gas in it because it ran out, and I could not get it to start. I brought it to my friends shop, he said the injectors were not getting a pulse to send fuel. He said buy a new harness because the current one is in rough condition, so i spent 200 on a new one, but he says the new one is too short and not the right one. I know I can fix it, Im just not sure where to start looking, any help would be awesome.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Are you SURE you have the right harness?
Also, the motor wouldn't blow it's head gasket in one day, because you torqued to factory spec. You may very well have a bad head surface to begin with.
Show us some pics of what harness you're dealing with. Also- What Marietta do you live in- Marietta, OH or Marietta GA?

Supranova42

Nov 17, 2013
Marietta
I live in Georgia, and the guy i got the harness from said it was for a 7mgte soarer 89 from japan. and im getting the car back in a few days, im using AAA and i just joined so I need to wait for a tow.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Um, yes and no.
You DO have the correct harness for your motor...IF your car is righthand drive.
Cars in Japan are all RHD, and thus, the harness is about 20" shorter, since it doesn't have to cross over to the right side of the car.
That guy screwed you, and he knew it.

Supranova42

Nov 17, 2013
Marietta
Well damn that completely slipped my mind that they are all RHD , I guess ill just add an extra bit of wire to the whole harness lol, or try and sell it an get a new one. But what would cause my injectors to not get a pulse, the CPS?

TaylorRacing

Jun 1, 2011
San Diego
Was your cps set correctly? Make sure your engine has good grounds too. If all that is correct i would open the harness up and make sure no wires are broken or shorting out. Another was to check is after you try to start the car with no luck pull the #1 spark plug and verify that it is dry. Check spark and fuel pressure. All can cause the same issue.

-Mike

Supranova42

Nov 17, 2013
Marietta
I got the engine to TDC and tried my best to get the CPS in at TDC as well, but its always givin me problems. The mechanic I brought it to says its getting spark and fuel pressure, just no pulse for the injectors. And decked the head? Not to sure what that is, no I didnt take it to get machined but it didnt need it, nothing was warped and there was no waves in the head or block. Im getting my baby back today so Ill let ya know what its looking like and ill post some pics later today.