Son of a biscuit... my AFM just died.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, i was on my way to my friend's house to pick him up and head down to the Tampa meet at Super Target. the car seemed to be cutting out under 1500 rpm as i was cruising around 45mph. so i gave it a little more throttle to clear it out and it accelerated fine so i thought it was just running crappy.

i get to the house, hang out and try to leave an hour later. car starts up fine. driving down the street, its cutting out. then i pull up to a stop and the engine cuts out. check engine light comes on. i get code 31 for the AFM.

limp it back to the house. pull the intake off and take out the black box. i carefully clean it off even though the external vortex generator doesnt have ANYTHING to do with a "zero" Karmann signal. filled with false hopes of it just being a grimey generator and greasy electrical connector, i clean it all off. put it back together... a Solid "3 Hz" pops up on my SAFC. check engine light on solide for code 31... i know my wiring is fine. as i slide the connector on and off the AFM, i get Hz spikes from 140 all the way up to 1400Hz and it bogs the car out when its idling. so if the signal is gettin to the SAFC, then making the engine die, i know its got a good signal to the ECU.

dammit, now i have to limp home, 20 miles.

so whats next, MAFT? MAP-ECU... VPC?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
chris, ill keep that in mind. one of my friends in orlando just posted in my thread on SF saying he's got a map ecu. im probably gonna go for that but if i dont, at least i got a backup plan.

brendan ate all the biscuits and gravey... sausage gravey it was. and quite good. also, you jinxed me, you SOB... id rather spend the tial money on a working wideband and just use this RS.

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
chris def. look into the maft pro. Ive had it running in my car for the last 3 weeks or so and love it. its a really nice option to use and the support from dr. j and full throttle speed is like no other

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
hey josh... one of my friends in orlando is going AEM on his MKIV next week. he said ive got first dibs on it and i can come get it next saturday or sunday. if i cant get the map ecu for whatever reason, ill hit up Adam or something.

what did you do to get it tuned?