Something to think about... 7M-GTE MAP tuning

Booner7M

Sleepy bitch
Apr 9, 2005
Quebec City
www.7MPOWER.COM
Hey guys,

To make a long story short, I just swapped a used 3.73 LSD differential ... my old one was terminated...::dunce::

Since it has been installed I got much more better lauches and everything... I put the 75W90 redline oil and so far its doing good...

I had a lot of fun today, the outside temperature was about 30 degrees celcius and my boost was at a constant 12 psi.. But what I want you guys to think about is how the weather can infuence boost with a MAP based computer (SM2 AUTRONIC).

I just got home from a night ride and I was boosting 20 psi ... I'm just wondering HOW can I get a 8 PSI change just with temperature. It was about 18 degrees celcius at night).

I'm using a Turbosmart manual boost controller and since it was a little crappy I just removed the spring and ball and asked for full boost so It gave me 15 psi at 25 degrees celcius. I was just wondering if anyone could just gimme any toughts about it...I guess It's all about air density (it gets more energy)

peace

dave

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
As for the MAP tuning part (since the MBC has been covered already) a TRUE speed density system will use not only a MAP sensor, but an IAT sensor (intake air temp) as well, to make small changes based on the air temperature incoming into the engine.

Booner7M

Sleepy bitch
Apr 9, 2005
Quebec City
www.7MPOWER.COM
Doward said:
As for the MAP tuning part (since the MBC has been covered already) a TRUE speed density system will use not only a MAP sensor, but an IAT sensor (intake air temp) as well, to make small changes based on the air temperature incoming into the engine.

indeed!

the autronic SM2 uses an air temp sensor to makes these adjustments..
i checked my hoses running from the ic pipes to the wastegate and they were craked so that was the problem!!!

and for the electronic boost controller the SM2 also has that feature ill put one soon (solenoid) !

peace