Something I found odd!!

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Ok, I got the car running not perfect but ok in a way. But the when i got it running I was listening to the injectors and I hear the fuel rail running and on the side of the engine on the manifold side, I see a fuel line. It has pressure so I guess it's coming from the pump. The thing is, isn't the line from the fuel pump suppose to be at the bottom? By the oil filter if that makes any since. Hand not from the one on the side of the manifold. So i swapped them out and not it won't start. It sounds like I'm not getting fuel but I am. How is it suppose to be connected? I'm confused now on this 2jz swap. I just need to know if I got it backwards or if it's customized some how. Thanks guys.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Loose Seal;1524712 said:
The FPR side is the return.

If it was running before and now it's not...common logic says go back to how it was.

Haha I did, I just found that pretty odd though. Is the return suppose to be that loud though? It was just wierd hearing it rush through the line. But anyways I'm glad now it starts but not idling though, i have to rev it like crazy just to keep it running, when I stop so does the car. So I'm just puzzled, I'm guessing its bad gas or something, and I'm not throwing any codes but the ones I mentioned in the other thread ( code 78 and 21 not too serious) But oh wells the whole swap was actually easier than the 1j I had. Or maybe cuz their almost so similar it was like a walk in the park. Haha well back the the drawing board on the idling part. Thanks guys! And to Tissmo, really big help to me figuring out the proUblems I was having.

Last edited: