someone told me something i have never heard today...

fohead

Oct 6, 2009
Louisville Ky
hmmm... i think i understand now... thnx u guys can continue to have a debate over whether or not the rods in a vvti motor are smaller or the same size

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
fohead;1524299 said:
hmmm... i think i understand now... thnx u guys can continue to have a debate over whether or not the rods in a vvti motor are smaller or the same size

2jzgte and 1jzgte VVTi have the same rods as their non VVTi counterpart.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1524227 said:
As far as JZ engines people have taken them apart and shown photos of VVTI engines having thinner rods.
NA VVTi 2jz and 1jz are thinner

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1524227 said:
But I am not 100% on it people say for sure the 1JZs vvti & non have the same rods.
I have one, Have rebuilt them, they are the same. same goes for VVTi 2jzgte.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
VTEC doesnt really adjust time it adjust Lift & duration.
So VTEC haves no benifit over having an engine with a more aggressive set of cams other then better gas millage when chocked off by the less agressive profile.

VVTI actually changes the timing of the cam.
The only thing better then VVTI with aggressive cams would be like mentioned before solenoid actuated valves.

It takes a lot of power to move a valve in micro seconds at the right moment.
So much so the size if the solenoid & placement almost makes it nearly impractical.
Why you dont see it today.

fohead

Oct 6, 2009
Louisville Ky
so with vvti and an aggressive set of cams is like the most desired build for n/a's? just get bigger rods to support any kind of horsepower then severe cams with vvti?