some things im not sure about

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Fuel cut = Yes ( I know some guys use the 2jz Map Sensor to up it )

TEMS = Yes ( just need to make sure the wires are hooked up when doing the swap/harness)

Speed limiter : Not sure..someone with more mileage than myself with a 1jz can answer that .

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
joe what did you use to eliminate the fuel cut?

With an afc and my car leaned out I was able to run 17psi or so on the 1j map. So lean the car out a bit and you can squeeze more than 14.7psi out of it. :)

My first experience with speed cut happened while I was on a bridge racing someone.........NOT fun because I WAS ahead.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
psifactor said:

With an afc and my car leaned out I was able to run 17psi or so on the 1j map. So lean the car out a bit and you can squeeze more than 14.7psi out of it. :)

My first experience with speed cut happened while I was on a bridge racing someone.........NOT fun because I WAS ahead.

Just a guess, but I'd say he did it by using the Stealth ECU. Did you get your car tuned & running great? I hope so. If not, you have a few months to get things straight while I get my car back on the road & start stompin some ass.:biglaugh:

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
rakkasan said:
Just a guess, but I'd say he did it by using the Stealth ECU. Did you get your car tuned & running great? I hope so. If not, you have a few months to get things straight while I get my car back on the road & start stompin some ass.:biglaugh:

Oh it runs..........oh its tunned a little rich.........it feels great.......oh it doesnt fucking move :icon_evil :cry: I'm a moron and thats is all to be said. Stupid issues cause the biggest problems.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
psifactor said:

this is why i dont have fuel cut. lol

p110669_1.jpg

ECU that came in my clip. no fuel cut, no speed cut, no rev limiter. ive tested all to make sure they arent there :p

moe, heres that video if you want it.

http://media.putfile.com/Joeburnout25

^_^

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
trd88supra said:
and doest the 2j use a maf sensor

Greddy DOES have a SLD and FCD for the 1JZ.

The US Spec 2JZ uses MAF and 550cc peak&hold [low impedance] injectors.

The J-Spec 2JZ uses MAP and 440cc saturated [high-impedance] injectors.

Common upgrade for the 1JZ is to use a J-Spec 2JZ's 440cc injectors and MAP sensor. If you go this route, I would suggest at least a S-AFC to tune it - otherwise you may be running a bit rich [though most people don't report any problems, when messing with air/fuel it's always best to be on the safe side].

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Turbo-Joe said:
i wouldnt know, honestly... it came in my clip.

ive been thinking about trading it for a stock ecu + cash lately though.

I may be interested if the price is right. Is there any other tuning that is involved with changing the ECU or is it just a straight unplug one, plug in the other to get the full benefits.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
well, thing is on this ecu, its not as widely known as the more common blitz and mines ecus that end up here. ive asked around and no ones really been able to tell me anything about it. i only know for a fact(tested myself) that it doesnt have fuel cut, speed cut, or a rev limiter. im not sure if any fuel maps or ignition or anything is adjusted. and if there is i havent run anything higher than 91 octane for it to really take advantage those kinds of changes anyway... car hasnt been dynoed either as of yet.

id probably try again to find more info on it to gauge its value better and what it really has before i sold it.