Some runs with the new set-up. Still probs.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Ran the car at the track for the last time ths year. ITs been a bad year of racing for me. In April I welded my clutch to the flywheel. In September, I ran with horrible track prep and couldn't put down a good time at all. In early November my exhaust studs decided to strip at the last second and I couldn't build any boost at the track... Today I had a boost leak and couldn't go past 20psi (instead of the 24psi I wanted). I did still tie my best time ever, here are the times:

1st run: No traction, I let off.

2nd run: I took it easy: 13.45 @ 113.33

3rd run: I launched a little harder: 13.078 @ 113.66 with a 2.120 60ft.

4th run: I found the better prepped lane and launched HARD:
12.424 @ 115.24 with a 1.852 60 ft

5th run I bogged slightly with a 5k rpm clutch slip:
12.439 @ 116mph with a 1.908 60ft... I blew my Ebay hose coupler right in half as I crossed the finish line. Sounded like a bomb!

Looks like 11's won't come until next year..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Good for you, MRSUPRA. :)

Your trap speeds are very close to your 13 second runs, so other than getting off the line, I'm assuming you've got a pretty quick-spooling turbo with some decent power outputs. :)

Let me make a guess. An SP61, maybe? ;) Ahh...either way, very good times. 11's are definately down the road...but to be honest, you've got A LOT of room for improvement. And please don't take that in the wrong way! I'm just saying that depending on the amount of boost, *I* think you've got a lot of power still hiding in those runs. ;)

Jeff

*edit* A biggie - Are you on slicks or radials?

Last edited:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I thought no one was ever going to respond to this thread..:cry:

My car has gone through many small changes recently. Right now:

HPF turbo kit/Sp59GT
550's/Lex AFM/Walbro/AFPR
Tanabe exhaust/ testpipe
AMS intercooler/pipes/Ebay BOV
AVCR/AFC
Cometic 2mm headgasket/ARP rodbolts/ stock internals
HPF Bronze clutch/STOCK flywheel/BFG DR's

Like I said, the car was only making 20psi for some reason.. And I beleive my head is lifting under high boost again.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
MRSUPRA said:
I thought no one was ever going to respond to this thread..:cry:

My car has gone through many small changes recently. Right now:

HPF turbo kit/Sp59GT
550's/Lex AFM/Walbro/AFPR
Tanabe exhaust/ testpipe
AMS intercooler/pipes/Ebay BOV
AVCR/AFC
Cometic 2mm headgasket/ARP rodbolts/ stock internals
HPF Bronze clutch/STOCK flywheel/BFG DR's

Like I said, the car was only making 20psi for some reason.. And I beleive my head is lifting under high boost again.

I bet a lighter flywheel and driveshaft would do the trick..... do you have a dyno chart???

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
All I really needed was the car to make more boost. I had C16 in the tank. My dyno chart is in the dyno section. I'm pushing about 485rwhp at 24psi, about 20 less than what I dynoed at.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
nice, i just looked at your dyno chart. looks good, seems like that turbo comes on hard and fast. im glad somebody finally went with a smaller street turbo instead of these dyno queen turbos. i hope to have a somewhat similar set-up. i know a guy selling a garrett gt4088 that should spool similarly to yours. looks good though, keep us updated on your progress!!!!!

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Thanks. I think my new BOV might be leaking at high boost. If thats the case, I will just throw my old Greddy R bov back on and head back to the track in the Spring.

Yeah the turbo is a 61mm, but my engine is a little low on compression on #4 cylinder. So the turbo should make a bit more power and better spool once I get the new built engine in.

c2m

Jul 4, 2005
SoCal
why aren't you running ARP head studs or bolts... to prevent lifting... the stock bolts are stretch area and only really there for one use... or so...

on the traction side... what tires are you running... as i would say, go drag radials... you still get some slip compared to slicks and can lay down better 60 ft times than what you are doing... without breaking parts...

i was able to lay down 1.70 60 ft times on 255 r16 drag radials on the stockers... at 12.8sec and 105mph...

you're laying down more power as indicated by your mph yet still not launching that hard...

What are your spring rates front and rear...

Mike

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I am running ARP head bolts.

I am running dragradials-BFG 255\50\16. I don't think 1.8 60ft is too bad, but I could probably pull off a 1.7 with a little practice. 12.8 @ 105 is pretty good. Of coarse the ct-26 will give you better low rpm torque for easier launches.

c2m

Jul 4, 2005
SoCal
lets see...

air pressure was probably 18psi and for the first burnout it needed 5 seconds... after that was rolling burn outs to the line...

What are your spring rates...???

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I also forgot to mention that the track was very cold, so I consider my self lucky to even get a 1.8 60ft. Either way I'm confident, that as soon as I figure out this boost leak, high 11's at 120+mph shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure what my spring rates are. They are Eiback progressive lowering springs??