Rears = Mickey Thompson E.T. Street's. :thumbup:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1906309_1.jpg

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I know this is about two years old but im thinking about getting those same rear tires. How was fitment? Those are stock MK4 turbo wheels right? Did those tires rub at all? Stock suspension? Very Nice looking car.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nosechunks;2032869 said:
I know this is about two years old but im thinking about getting those same rear tires. How was fitment? Those are stock MK4 turbo wheels right? Did those tires rub at all? Stock suspension? Very Nice looking car.

I bought a set of them and my car rubbed every chance it got. I love the MT ET streets, but I had to go with the 275/40/17's
I've since switched back to the Nitto 555r's because I've spun out twice and wrecked once on the ET streets doing about 35mph and not getting on it at all. I don't trust them in the rain or on wet roads. I don't remember having any trouble with my nittos on wet roads so I'm giving them another try.
At the track the ET streets are hands down a better tire. Maybe that will help you some. My car was on Tein coilovers when I tried the 295's.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
suprahero;2034697 said:
I bought a set of them and my car rubbed every chance it got. I love the MT ET streets, but I had to go with the 275/40/17's
I've since switched back to the Nitto 555r's because I've spun out twice and wrecked once on the ET streets doing about 35mph and not getting on it at all. I don't trust them in the rain or on wet roads. I don't remember having any trouble with my nittos on wet roads so I'm giving them another try.
At the track the ET streets are hands down a better tire. Maybe that will help you some. My car was on Tein coilovers when I tried the 295's.

Yea I need max grip over wet traction. How much lower was your car then stock when you had those tires? Mines stock 4x4 height. Thinking about getting some marching Rpf1's for the back of my car to get rid of the draglites.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
My 555r's scared the crap out of me on the highway when it rained. I could feel the back end walking all over the place at 35mph. I had to get off the highway. Drag radials are not meant for wet weather driving.