Some people seriously amaze me...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
OK so my car looks like complete shit currently, the worst she's ever looked (well since Ive had her, she was found covered with mold)

But right now I'm missing some side moldings, car is dirty, and I mean DIRTY. Mud all over the car, etc. Yesterday the head gasket blew. Water in radiator and crankcase, yet the car still drives ok (with the exception of trying to hydrolock on startup)

Since we are broke, have no other vehicle or friends to drive us around these boondocks, we had to take the Supra for a 15 mile jaunt to the next town. Drained some of the shitty oil out, put fresh oil in and went on our way. (No need to bitch at me, I am well aware of the consequences, pretty much marked this engine off as toasted now)

Anywho, we park in WalMart, go in and do our business. Come out, back to the car, put stuff in the hatch, and just when we're about to get in to drive away this MINT CONDITION late 60s Chevelle pulled up behind us.

Engine could hardly keep itself running with the huge cam it had in it, 396 yum!
Guy pokes his head out and says "OMG I've wanted one of those forever!!!"

So I'm like :squint: ok...

Hubby jokingly says "I'll trade you straight up for yours!"

The guy actually THOUGHT about it, for a good 5 or 6 seconds then says "I don't think I want it that much"

LOL!

He was a super nice guy, started chatting about Supras and muscle cars and whatnot. I directed him to cs.com so he could search around for a Mk2 of his own. Gave him my website address to and our phone # cause huby wants a ride in the Velle, lol

I just couldn't believe that my car, in as shitty condition as it is, drew his attention. So much in fact that he circled the parking lot to see us come out.
And then actually had to THINK about trading us his pristine SS396 Velle, LMFAO

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Must have been very flattering.

I would love to trade straight up for a Chevelle SS:icon_razz

martyn&tara

supra addicts
Jun 6, 2005
Somerset. England
Hi tanya, makes you proud to own one, we have many mkiii(bought a mkii a month or so back but on going to collect her decided to walk away , more rust than body, truely gutted) still searching.
anyway its nice to drive absoutely any where and people always look, then sneek a second glance and more often than not converse with you.
mind you our neighbours are a bit wierd, we have 6 on the drive and they think we are mad, no repect, lol they have NO TASTE.

Tara

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
martyn&tara said:
Hi tanya, makes you proud to own one, we have many mkiii(bought a mkii a month or so back but on going to collect her decided to walk away , more rust than body, truely gutted) still searching.
anyway its nice to drive absoutely any where and people always look, then sneek a second glance and more often than not converse with you.
mind you our neighbours are a bit wierd, we have 6 on the drive and they think we are mad, no repect, lol they have NO TASTE.

Tara

Yeah does make me proud, especially the praise from a domestic guy (although he did mention loving Toyota trucks)

There are basically NO other Supras in this area. Been here since the end of July and I've only seen ONE mk3 and its undriveable, parked in someoones yard. I haven't really seen any sporty cars at all, maybe 2 or 3 Corvettes. I did happen to see a Mitsubishi Starion the other day and it was gorgeous

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
thats awesome tanya. that has to make crap days like that go way up.
I know what you mean, I've gotten complements like that from the American crowd that respect the supra. really cool to meet people like them, True car enthusiets(SP?) and not just some wannabes

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Jeff Lange said:
I guess. Too bad it doesn't have a 22R.

:p

I'm going to make you a special shirt Jeff

"I love the 22R" with a bunch of pink flowers and such, and send it in the mail to you

:biglaugh:

edit* or better yet "Michael Richards <3s the 22R"

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
That's an awesome story Tanya...glad the old gal is getting attention it deserves.

Reminds me of the time I was filling gas with my mk2 and this super HOT early 70's vette pulls in (to the pump in front of my car)...camed to the ying yang ....sounded like a heaven.

Well this older gentlemen was in front of both cars when i see him staring. He appears to be drooling over the corvette and I'm sure the corvette owner thought so too. Well he start walking in our direction and i'm 100% sure he's gonna talk to the guy in the vette...well he walked right past the corvette came up to me and said: "oh my god that is a beautiful machine"....the look on the corvette owner was pricessless as the guy didn't even give it a second look.

Moral of the Story: Supra's RULE...ciao.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice story Tanya. You used correct punctuation and complete sentences. That's not always the case on here...................:biglaugh:

'67 SS canary yellow chevelle FTW......................:love:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
well damn...i really wanted to see pics of the dirty car...oh well. and i think id trade immediately but turn around and sell it.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
karaki said:
That's an awesome story Tanya...glad the old gal is getting attention it deserves.

Reminds me of the time I was filling gas with my mk2 and this super HOT early 70's vette pulls in (to the pump in front of my car)...camed to the ying yang ....sounded like a heaven.

Well this older gentlemen was in front of both cars when i see him staring. He appears to be drooling over the corvette and I'm sure the corvette owner thought so too. Well he start walking in our direction and i'm 100% sure he's gonna talk to the guy in the vette...well he walked right past the corvette came up to me and said: "oh my god that is a beautiful machine"....the look on the corvette owner was pricessless as the guy didn't even give it a second look.

Moral of the Story: Supra's RULE...ciao.

corvette guy is kinna like me in high school. i thought the hot chick was waving meover...turns out she was wanting the football stud standing behind me...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Clip said:
well damn...i really wanted to see pics of the dirty car...oh well. and i think id trade immediately but turn around and sell it.

Here's my shitty Mk2 as of 2 minutes ago :icon_conf

p370133_1.jpg

p370133_2.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I think tomorrow she's going to get a bath and I'll be taking her down to the creek to get some nice pics, beings it'll be the last chance I have before winter sets in and before the engine completely fucks itself.

Might even take a vid of what a BHG 5MGE sounds like :D