Some of the companies that make parts for MKIII and Suprasport.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I bought a turbo from them almost two years ago, when I first installed it I couldn't build boost either, I figured out that the actuator arm needed to be adjusted tighter. A turbo with no seals and a leak would still build boost just later in the rpm band as long as the compressor wheel spins freely. I don't think the "leak" in your turbo bearing is even relivent to your boost problem, A leak that kills your boost that much has to be after the turbo outlet. I bet that if you put at least 2 turns on your actuator arm you will build boost just fine. Have you started the car with it installed and tried to build boost at idle?

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
simpson7, be careful with what u say about people and their religions. im jewish and take offense to what u said. i almost nvr buy anything from ebay unless it was used from another supra(i.e. power folding mirrors). i use only quality parts from our vendors. so to sterotype is very narrow mineded. just something to keep in mind friend. we are all supra owners, white, black, asian, canadian, and watever else i missed......

bustedknuckle

May 30, 2006
North Jersey
johnbot123;1013676 said:
simpson7, be careful with what u say about people and their religions. im jewish and take offense to what u said. i almost nvr buy anything from ebay unless it was used from another supra(i.e. power folding mirrors). i use only quality parts from our vendors. so to sterotype is very narrow mineded. just something to keep in mind friend. we are all supra owners, white, black, asian, canadian, and watever else i missed......
Sneaky's comment ..LMAO
Simpson7s...regrettable

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've heard it's normal for some turbos to leak like that, dunno if I believe it myself...

The rest, well, cooleeze doesn't fit very well, but I got mine second hand so I don't feel too badly ripped off...

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
simpsons7s;1013092 said:
The problem is us, we are jews, we are so cheap we could stamp kosher on all our ebay car parts. .

Let me say this really clearly...[explitive deleted by poster] Totally unacceptable!!!

Moderators WTF? This kind of racist crap makes me sick!!!

Last edited:

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
First off, I'm not racist, far from it. Second I thought it was funny, Tacky but funny. If you are jewish and take offence I apolojize that wasn't my intention so I willl take it down and try to keep on topic.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
This right here is why My turbos cost so much 8-(. BUT I don't sacrifice quality at all.
I chose the best components I possibly could without sacrificing quality. I could have
cheaped out a lot all over the place, but I didn't. A Quote I learned to live by years ago:

"Always buy the best, you won't regret it later" BUT it has a second almost always
forgotten second line! "The best does not always mean the most expensive"

Jeff

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
simpsons7s;1013880 said:
First off, I'm not racist, far from it. Second I thought it was funny, Tacky but funny. If you are jewish and take offence I apolojize that wasn't my intention so I willl take it down and try to keep on topic.

Not a racist? Yeah...and Rudolf's not a reindeer...right?

Tacky but funny? You have grossly underestimated the offensiveness of your extremely insensitive and hateful comment. What was your intention and do you think it's ok to objectify a whole race of people in writing on a public forum to meet whatever your intention was? I hope not.

If in fact you are not a racist as you claim, I sincerely hope that you will remember that this kind of humor might be "funny but tacky" to you, but is very hurtful and degrading to others and greatly contributes to the objectification of others. Bigotry in the form of racial aspersions is no joke.

I will not comment any further on this unfortunate incident.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
unfortunately, this is how the youth in our society are raised.
"jews" are cheap and "own all the banks." which doesnt even make sense. even though most people associate jewish people with orthodox jews, who are a minority of the jewish population. and im sure all the mexicans are illegal immigrants too. black people are poor.... yada yada yada
it makes me sick... but most places you go, chances are people unknowingly raise their children with these prejudices.

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
ok guys. lets leave it alone now. he said he was sorry and he took the comments down. he rectified the situation and i accept his appology. now, lets get back to the topic of sub-par parts......

Last edited:

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
The Seal in question is #16 on the list and has nothing to do with oil or water. The air is leaking from behind the Compressore #1.

S400.gif

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Toy-Rific, Who is WE? Suprasport or I.T.S? I wanna know who I'm talking to here.

We have unmetered air coming in the system PERIOD throwing the A/F all over the place and the ECU trying to make its corrections.

We've already forwarded the Photos/Videos to suprasport and it shows where the leak is.

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
Toy-Rific;1014158 said:
WOW,
There are correct ways to test things and incorrect ways. By putting plugs on all the ports and sticking an air hose to the turbo would be incorrect....of coarse you should prbably be contacting GARRET and telling them they do not know how to engineer a turbo.

As far as the couplers. We use the exact same couplers on our cars and have sold over 17000 in 4 years, no one else has had problems with them. I beleive the way you are trying to do things and diagnose the issues are faulty and the cause to your problems....not the proven products.
Toy-Rific, are you with suprasport? Who are you speaking for here?
What is your organization's approved method of testing? Are you implying that Garrett turbos leak? If so, i'd double check that fact because we have 2 brand new GT35R turbos sitting here straight from Garrett and not 1 of them leaks the way this ITS does when subjected to the same test. Hell, they don't leak PERIOD.
Regarding the spooling issues, we just gave it a quick try once but we didn't push it at all because the car was running crazy lean and inconsistently due to the major boost leaks. But the question is, how are you going to build boost in your system if your compressor is leaking? The air will be coming out the back of the compressor instead of being pushed out to the IC and into the system. Your turbo could be building all the boost it can but you won't be registering it because that air is escaping and not going in your system.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
I got a PM saying I was knocking SupraSport's BOSS turbos. I Just want to be clear I'm not
knocking them at all. The BOSS housing is fantastic, and I use them on my turbos. I have
no good experiences dealing with ITS turbos. I no longer deal with ITS or its turbos in
any way shape or form. That's just my experience, but I've had others complain to me
about them as well.

Greg, (Toyrific) is a great guy. I deal with him all the time and it's never ever been a
bad experience. Never. He makes quality MKIII Parts, period. I like that.

Jeff

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
Ah... so Toyrific is Greg... We're not attacking suprasport here. As Jeff mentioned, we've done plenty of business with you guys and you've been great. It's not your product that we're having issues with, it's the ITS unit. From what i understand, suprasport takes the ITS turbos and put on their BOSS housing on it. Great kit and perfect fit onto a stock manifold and setup.. We were actually very impressed. However the ITS turbo itself was leaking for us and you guys had nothing to do with it, unless you test each turbo you get. Just like us, you wouldn't expect the new turbos from ITS to be leaking so you didn't bother testing them. We only tested it when we ran into the problem and started diagnosing.
Garrett puts an orange gasket right there where the ITS turbo is leaking..

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Lets be clear here guys. Suprasport really has nothing to do with the poor quality of parts. They are like us, just selling the parts provided by the company that makes them.

If you buy an HKS SSQBV from me and I have HKS drop ship it to your house, you install it and it turns out the baffle is cracked, it really has nothing to do with me. I can help in getting the issue resolved but really you can't point a finger at me saying, its my fault the baffle is cracked.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
SupraSport has made arrangement with CompTurbo to give this turbo a complete inspection and repair if needed. This turbo came from ITS and not from CompTurbo. There will not be a charge to the owner for this service. SupraSport did sell this turbo in June of last year. We stand behind the turbo's we sell.
Yes, We are SupraSport (Jack) and Lipp (Greg) that is why we are doing a reply here.
On the Boss Turbo's we sell, you may need to shorten the rod end of the actuator arm to increase the amount of boost. The more boost you want, the shorter the over all length of the arm will do the trick.
You will not be able to pull the rod end back on, so a little air from an airline hose will do just fine to re-connect the arm

Greg Clark
SupraSport.com
Greg and Jack

Last edited: