Some help for those trying to run the Maftpro...

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Hello Team,
I decided to write up a small walk thru for those of you who have the maftpro or are thinking of getting it and are apprehensive about the software issues you may have heard of. The truth is that the unit works very well after you have come to grips with the fact that when it comes to computers, there is no real plug and play unit out there (that doesn't require some kind of learning). So if you are interested. please go over to this link http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?p=10170#post10170 on the Fullthrottletech.com site and read on... Please excuse the last part about the Tunerpro since their site had a problem and I was unable to add the file in that part. I will go back to it later to see if I can complete it. For now enjoy the read and feel free to add questions or comments.

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
I got a problem that is just anoying. When I bring up the didgital dash on the tuner pro data loger with the 6 monitors I have to reset the ones I want to view evreytime. I'm told that it should stay up to what you have set the previous time. Is there a toggle that I have off somewhere. I cant find it.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
quicksilver said:
I got a problem that is just anoying. When I bring up the didgital dash on the tuner pro data loger with the 6 monitors I have to reset the ones I want to view evreytime. I'm told that it should stay up to what you have set the previous time. Is there a toggle that I have off somewhere. I cant find it.

Try this:

Open the Tunerpro program and click on "Tools" on the toolbar.
Then click on "Preferences..." now the TunerPro Preferences window will pop up.
Click on the "General" tab and put a check next to everything in the General and file association sub-sections.

Now Click on the "ALDL/Emulation" tab
in here there are two sub-sections.
Put a check next to everything except for "Load Whole tables" and "Disable Checksum by Uploading".

This will resolve that issue. :icon_razz :

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
OK, here's a bug I have:
After recording a session and playing it back, it plays like a video would in any media player. If I select the "time bar" and drag it to the left it fastforwards the video instead of rewinding it. Anyone else found a way to rewind a recorded session or is this a glitch on my PC.

No other notable problems.

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
supralover2000 said:
Try this:

Open the Tunerpro program and click on "Tools" on the toolbar.
Then click on "Preferences..." now the TunerPro Preferences window will pop up.
Click on the "General" tab and put a check next to everything in the General and file association sub-sections.

Now Click on the "ALDL/Emulation" tab
in here there are two sub-sections.
Put a check next to everything except for "Load Whole tables" and "Disable Checksum by Uploading".

This will resolve that issue. :icon_razz :
I did all that and it still didn't work. I reinstald tunner pro and that seemed to take care of it. I guess it was just a bug.

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
supralover2000 said:
Thats the first time I hear that one. I'll look into it.
For me though, if I drag it to the left, it rewinds. To the right, it goes forward.

I reinstalled the software (4.13). On the AVC-r, if you rewind the graph scrolls like a webpage would and it's realtively easy to 'see' what went on. In the MAFTPRO, when you rewind, the graph moves to the left as if it's fastforwarding BUT the data is displaying for the location of the slider bar. It's a bit confusing and I wasn't sure if this was a bug. You have to sorta play the file, find the area you want, then drag the slider bar backwards, then replay it and quickly try to pause it. You can't see anything to the right of the actual reading, so unless you get very lucky or you export to a .csv and re-graph it in excel, it's very difficult to quickly review the logs or pinpoint a 'spot'. Even a step by step RWD/FF button would be nice.

Hope they drastically improve this in the next version. :1zhelp:

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
Here is one for you. I was running ver 4.40 on the maft pro. I decided to go ahead and upload 4.60 to it. Well I compared the new bin to the old 4.40 bin and made all my changes to it buy copying and pasting so evrey thing is the same. I double checked to make sure. Now the car runs really lean and has a weird lean hesitation problem from vac to boost. I know that a new boost rich perameter has been added and its defaulted to 80. My main consern is the whold leaness factor tough. Can a software update change the tune?

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Rich82Tx2: try viewing the data in the Dash view. this will give you a digital display which will work well with the slider. I prefer this view to because I can open up up to six different gauges which display the current info. The graph that you are looking at only gives you the numbers of what you see at the right edge of the graph, the values displayed will not be indicative of what you are looking at in the middle of the page.

Quicksilver:which aldl are you using (on Tunerpro) with the new Maftpro 4.6? make sure that you are using a matching ALDL file, if not the readings will not be accurate.

Supra

May 11, 2005
Rockford, IL
supralover2000 said:
Rich82Tx2: try viewing the data in the Dash view. this will give you a digital display which will work well with the slider. I prefer this view to because I can open up up to six different gauges which display the current info. The graph that you are looking at only gives you the numbers of what you see at the right edge of the graph, the values displayed will not be indicative of what you are looking at in the middle of the page.

Right on. That's a good idea. I wasn't expecting the graphs to function that way and wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. I've only had it for a week now so I'm still learning (quickly).

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
where can i get an ALDL file so i can start using this tuner pro software? if it was on the CD i lost it :( i downloaded the generic one from their website but i can't get it to work, keeps asking different files, like ALDL (.asd) .... i'm confused .... :1zhelp: