Some cops are COOL! Even when your wife doesn't help...

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I just got out of a serious ticket that I deserved by every possible definition. There’s an intersection with two left turn lanes, but the dorks in the area only ever use one, which causes a half mile back up. Well, this morning I’m back a ways from where the lane splits with my wife in the car, and see the leftmost lane is wide open. So in a split second decision I look down the hill, up the hill and to the intersection, see it’s clear and pull into the oncoming lane for about 150 yards to get to the open lane… right past a cop. I knew it was a dumb thing to do as soon as I started it, but by then I was committed to finishing the move.

Of course he instantly pulls in behind me and the wife is already swearing at me before the lights ever come on, and going on about having a gun in the car (yes, I’m a legal CCW holder so no problem there). I stop and the cop walks up to my car with a purple face, and before he could say a thing, I look at him and say, “That was a REALLY STUPID mistake! So the cop takes to jumping up and down, screaming about reckless driving and it being an arrestable offense, and I just keep telling him he’s right - it was a really dumb move. Then it got interesting;

The cop says “I suppose you do this every day”, and I start to answer no when my wife pipes up: “I tell him all the time not to do that!” :nono: So I look at her like STFU, and even the cop stops dead in his tracks and looks through the window at her. Well for whatever reason, he lets me go after giving more a little more bawling out – no license check, nothing, just go.

So we leave and I ask her WTF was with that comment and she says that she thought if he believed I was already dealing with an irate, nagging wife he would let me go… :aigo: All I could do was tell her never to do me any favors and keep it shut if we ever end up getting pulled over again. We’ve already laughed about it, but dam!

Cliff Notes: Got pulled over for a seriously stupid decision and threatened with arrest. Wife gives the cop more reason than ever to cite or arrest me. I apologize profusely, cop is cool and lets me go. I have no idea what makes her tick sometimes.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
You guys are saying she was right?! I HATE that! :biglaugh: And I thought I got out of it because I admitted how stupid it was and grovelled. :dunno:

So, my wife's got my back! :bigthumb: :kloguck:

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
I think the cop thought you were :greddy: and then realized you had a wife and thought, man I can't hit that...

yea that is about as far as my story goes...

ignore

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Shytheed Dumas;902369 said:
So we leave and I ask her WTF was with that comment and she says that she thought if he believed I was already dealing with an irate, nagging wife he would let me go… :aigo:

LOL The funniest part is it WORKED!

I would thank her but tell her to never try that again as next time you probably won't be as lucky :biglaugh: