Some 2JZ-GTE Reassembly Questions... with pics

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
A few questions, I'll get right to it..

1. I am doing a 2JZ-GTE swap into my '90 MK3. I have the BIC brackets for the engine mounts, and I ordered new engine mounts from Driftmotion. They are shorter than the stock mounts that came with the engine, and I am confused. Will these Driftmotion engine mounts work properly with the 2JZ and BIC brackets into my MK3? Pic below.
p1828815_1.jpg

2. My garage is a disaster, with a limited amount of room to work with as it is. I have tried searching the TSRM for JZ80 Supra to find out what goes here, but I still cant figure it out! Its probably stupid simple, so help me out guys! What goes in this hole on the lower intake manifold? Pic below.
p1828815_2.jpg

3. Have an oil filter relocation kit, and I believe this piece just threads in place instead of the oil filter, and NOT directly on the block (would need a threaded adaptor etc if that was the case). I will be making my own lines going to a oil cooler, with a thermostat in line. Correct me if this is wrong? Pic below.
p1828815_3.jpg

4. is the drive belt tensioner dampener a necessary thing to have bolted on for my swap?

5. And lastly, my power steering pump pulley came dented when I got my engine, any tips on where to get a new one? I have tried posting a WTB ad, with no luck.

Appreciate the help!
Cheers

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
1) Yes, they will work.

2) EGR valve. Is your motor USDM? JDM motors don't have EGR. JDM motor/USDM intake is fine.

3) Look at Dustin's Thread(Teal 92 Supra), He is using something similar.

4) You mean the serpentine belt tensioner? If so, yes. If you aren't running A/C or power steering, there are setups to keep it. DM sells it. I have the info in the JZ thread.

5) I should have a JZ pulley, I will check and let you know Thursday.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
1. Perfect.

2. I am going to go ahead and assume it is a JDM. I just dug up a picture of when I picked up the engine, and there is nothing going to that hole on the lower intake. It is a rear sump engine from a Supra though.

3. Thanks, I will look!

4. I dont mean the serpentine belt tensioner itself. There is a shock type dampener that bolts on to the tensioner. It was on the engine when I got it, but I dont know if its necessary to keep it on or not. I will be keeping my A/C and power steering. Check Pic below.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Zomj3eOxl94/SVLjVuHtxkI/AAAAAAAACbM/W96t53p6FHo/IMG_0251.JPG

5. Thanks!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You can remove that shock. It was available on auto cars here in the states. Manual cars didn't have it.

Behind the hole on the manifold, is there a hole on the head to match? If so, then it is a USDM head and you will need to make up a block off plate for the exhaust side. If it doesn't have a hole to match the manifold, you are good to go.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Here are a few more pics of the oil filter relocation setup...

Click this link to see what I have:
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-bpm-202-28.php

I will mention, if the part Im holding (part of the oil relocation kit with no mounting bracket holes) were to thread directly on to the block, I would need to thread this into the block first, in order for that part of the adaptor have something to thread on to:
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/oilblad2j.html

However, if that piece (part of the oil relocation kit with no mounting bracket holes) is supposed to take the oil filter's place, then it threads directly on to the stock assembly - instead of the oil filter.

p1828861_1.jpg

p1828861_2.jpg

p1828861_3.jpg

p1828861_4.jpg

p1828861_5.jpg

p1828861_6.jpg

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Wow. I'm surprised at some of these answers. Come on guys.

1. Those are Aristo/93-96 supra mounts. They're known to cause issues in the MKIV such as a common popping issue. Use the BIC with the 97-98

2. Your motor is JDM Don't worry about that hole, it's supposed to be drilled at the back of the head in 2 places for EGR.

3. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ech-question&p=4950745&viewfull=1#post4950745

4. No if you have the automatic tensioner.

5. Driftlotion or Greddy Pulley, Or a WTB on Supraforums home of MKIV's all day. :)

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Ok the non mounting bracket piece is for placement on the motor, you can take off the entire housing and get the threaded tube that is needed as you listed or keep the water housing and screw onto the fitting thats there. The bracket piece has a thread so that the oil filter can be relocated. Hope this helps.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
gurley0916;1828866 said:
Ok the non mounting bracket piece is for placement on the motor, you can take off the entire housing and get the threaded tube that is needed as you listed or keep the water housing and screw onto the fitting thats there. The bracket piece has a thread so that the oil filter can be relocated. Hope this helps.

4iiq82

;)

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
Just for reference, if anybody ever needs that Ford threaded pipe for the oil filter (to use a relocation kit as the stock threaded pipe is not long enough), Bob Allen Ford in Kansas has some. They quoted me $38 plus shipping. Their phone number is 913 381 2999.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
J,

Mind getting me a part number. I want to do a oil relocation kit write up to add to the JZ thread. There are some threads but it's a lot of mixed info. I'd rather organize it and keep it in one area.

I am not familiar with Ford part numbers and I am not sure of the number on the bag in the above picture is correct.

Thanks.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
The part number is the one from the bag, Ford was able to pull it up in the system based on that part number. As well, when I type it into google, i get lots of results on it.

E8ZZ-6890-A