Solid Motor Mounts

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
BIC pre 89 1/2jz custom mounts. BTW I want to check out your supra sometime as you aren't that far from me. Maybe when I get another shell to put my old 1j into we can meet up.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Keep a rubber mount on the left side of the motor and a solid one on the right side. I've heard that keeps it stiff but doesn't let big hp engines vibarate as much

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The Reaper said:
you sure you want solid mounts??? they are hardcore. vibrates the shit outta everything.

Depending on if your car is falling apart before you put them on I guess. :sarcasm: I have run them for a couple of years and are fine.

Duane

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i got the BIC mounts for the pre89 X-member with the older square mounts that were in mint condition. i love em. they are pretty stiff...... :idunno:

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
supraracer49 said:
Keep a rubber mount on the left side of the motor and a solid one on the right side. I've heard that keeps it stiff but doesn't let big hp engines vibarate as much

Interesting but I don't think I will mind the vibration. I will keep this in mind in case I do want less vibration.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
The Reaper said:
you sure you want solid mounts??? they are hardcore. vibrates the shit outta everything.

Heck Yes! I don't want my motor to flex. At all! I'm a bit concerned about my manifold, dump pipe and downpipe either cracking, or developing leaks. It's put together pretty solid and I think if the stock rubber mounts will allow the motor to flex too much, then I may develope some problems. I just want to avoud potential problems.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
You guys are in luck, BIC just made some pre 89 poly motor mounts and trans mounts this week. I have been driving with them for a few days now and they are great!!!!. There is more engine vibrations transmitted to the car but way less than solid Aluminium or steel mounts. The engine barely moves about 1/8" max when blipping the throttle and revving it to 5000 + rpm. I will be testing these tonight at the track, and should be making these for sale very soon.

We will also be making solid steel pre 89 mounts very soon !!!!

Randy@BIC

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
becauseican said:
You guys are in luck, BIC just made some pre 89 poly motor mounts and trans mounts this week. I have been driving with them for a few days now and they are great!!!!. There is more engine vibrations transmitted to the car but way less than solid Aluminium or steel mounts. The engine barely moves about 1/8" max when blipping the throttle and revving it to 5000 + rpm. I will be testing these tonight at the track, and should be making these for sale very soon.

We will also be making solid steel pre 89 mounts very soon !!!!

Randy@BIC

OOOOHHHHHH, sounds nice. Price range?

dansmith11

Mar 2, 2007
calgary
so are there any poly 1j mounts out there? or does everyone just go solid?

and what is everyone doing for tranny mounts when they go solid motor mounts? is there a poly mount for that?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
dansmith11 said:
so are there any poly 1j mounts out there? or does everyone just go solid?

and what is everyone doing for tranny mounts when they go solid motor mounts? is there a poly mount for that?

Yes BIC is making both of those. I will have pics, prices out next week!!.

dansmith11

Mar 2, 2007
calgary
becauseican said:
Yes BIC is making both of those. I will have pics, prices out next week!!.

im talkin real 1j mounts, not an adapater from a pre 89 crossmember or adapater from a 7M car.

cars a 90 JZA70, not a swapped US car. hoping to find a set of 1j mounts that just bolt in to replace stock.

or do yours work for this too? im not exactly sure how the whole pre/post 89 cross memeber thing works.