Sold Supra Left Over Parts

landtoy80

Jul 16, 2007
grand junction, CO
I sold my 87 Supra and I have left over parts: fuel filter, timing belt, 3 v-belts, pass side visor (needs help part of mirror is falling out, maroon) oil filter and factory service manual. All are new OEM Toyota parts?
How do I value these? Got all the parts in 2007.
Do I sell all in bundle or piece out?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
look in the old mk3 parts section thats why those threads are there so you could see how much your parts would be worth and whats a fair price.. you would probably have to peice them out since i doubt someone will buy it all as a bundle...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ummm. this is mk3 discussion not the mk3 for sale section.

really read the whole site and properly make a thread where you should post after you read the for sale rules.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I know this is an ass thing to say, so, I appologize right now, But the parts that you have probaly may not be worth a whole lot,.. the timming belt may be worth something. Unless it's Greddy or gates it may be worth more. I'm not saying don't sell anything, It's just by the time you add shipping you may not be worth your while,.. then again you'll never know, I would definitly try the timming belt. I guess try. Again sorry, this is just my noober opinion.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The parts are worth what the market is will to pay based on the need of the buyer. Considering the cheap ass nature of the Mk III community, you will get low balled and/or told the parts are not worth very much - accepting such offers is up to you. I would look at retail, eBay, and what our vendors are selling for and price accordingly. Shipping via USPS flat rate boxes is very reasonable.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
jdub;1515001 said:
The parts are worth what the market is will to pay based on the need of the buyer. Considering the cheap ass nature of the Mk III community, you will get low balled and/or told the parts are not worth very much - accepting such offers is up to you. I would look at retail, eBay, and what our vendors are selling for and price accordingly. Shipping via USPS flat rate boxes is very reasonable.

I'm not cheap, I just like to pay the very minimum that the seller will allow. I don't like to just out right lowball someone but you'd be surprised how quick people will take less than half their asking price when they see the cash.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
If a seller accepts an offer, that is totally up to them - if the seller counter offers and the buyer accepts, same thing. It's the "your never going to sell it for that much" or "it's not worth that much" crap we see in the classified section that is solely aimed at getting the seller to lower price that's BS. That is why there's a thread crapping rule for the classifieds - you're not buying or selling, STFU.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
jdub;1515032 said:
If a seller accepts an offer, that is totally up to them - if the seller counter offers and the buyer accepts, same thing. It's the "your never going to sell it for that much" or "it's not worth that much" crap we see in the classified section that is solely aimed at getting the seller to lower price that's BS. That is why there's a thread capping rule for the classifieds - you're not buying or selling, STFU.

But this isn't the for-sale section, and the guy was asking an opinion,
or am I missing something here.......

And if this is an round-about on-line auction, why is it even being allowed ?
Isn't that forbiden ?

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
gofastgeorge;1515042 said:
And if this is an round-about on-line auction, why is it even being allowed ?
Isn't that forbiden ?

It's borderline - this is the only reason it's still here:

landtoy80;1514598 said:
Nothing for sale. Just want to know if there is any value. Wondering if the belts are still good, they are 3 yrs old.

If pricing, offers, "PM sent" or any other attribute of a for sale thread occurs, the thread gets deleted as soon as I see it.

gofastgeorge;1515042 said:
But this isn't the for-sale section, and the guy was asking an opinion, or am I missing something here.......

Opinions have been presented and I stated mine. I simply took the opportunity to state why we have a rule that forbids such "opinions" in the classifieds. That is all - no more, no less.