Sold my Supra

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Sold my Supra on Friday night...:cry:

I spent about a year converting my 86.5 into a turbo. I am so glad I did it and would not change things that happened at all. The supra became somewhat burdensome in the past few months while preparing the baby's room, tax season, and other hobbies that kept me too busy to give the Supra the attention it needed.

Tearing it down, rebuilding it and converting will always be one of the happiest memories of my life and probably the biggest mechanical accomplishment too. Very proud to say what I did.

Anyhow it is gone and I think the remaning strings attached to my childhood and teenage years. Friday night I still had my connections to my childhood, Saturday morning I woke up an adult with no more toys (except for golf).

I am 28 and I guess its just one of those milestones we all experience. My son's birth in June will be the next big one.

I will still be lurking around in the OT and Tech section to try to emulate the great Dr. Jonezz who helped me so much with my swap to try and help those in need. And I promised Lanky some free stuff left over from the NA days.

(Lanky, forgot Sunday was Easter and yet again I had no time to dig through my NA box, hopefully this coming weekend).

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, good luck in life my friend! Maybe youll stumble upon a supra later on in life and purchase it!

or maybe not.......:cry:

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Doing the conversion on my 89, I can empathize with the accomplishment of completing the conversion. Hopefully you'll find yourself in a place to buy another supra (or keep tabs on your old one and buy it back).

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
what will happen, remains up to us cryoslash.
We need to do all we can to keep the MK3 population of cars up to par. No more being satisfied with shitboxes. Every aspect must be taken care of properly. No excuses!
If you can afford a semi-decent one, buy it. Even if you don't "need" it, if you have the space for it, buy it. Make it semi-driveable, and make sure someone like any of us buys it, and not some kid that all he cares about is "the system".

L

lanky189

best of luck with the son...you'll need it!

btw..didn't you buy some blue interior door panels from my 87 a year or so back?

Thanks again for the N/A hookup..
in the immortal words of some guy "you da man"

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
lanky189 said:
best of luck with the son...you'll need it!

btw..didn't you buy some blue interior door panels from my 87 a year or so back?

Thanks again for the N/A hookup..
in the immortal words of some guy "you da man"

No wasn't me. I'm excited about being a dad. Can't wait til he's old enough to turn wrenches. Hopefully by then we'll be in a difference place and can get another project car.