So yeah, good times, with the engine swap.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Wow, so today I finally got to tear into getting the good starter in.. and I finally started to get her cranking over. But now I have ran into bigger problems. We got spark, so I did all the distributor wiring right, and I have compression, so I did the head job all right, but fuel seems to be an issue. I tested the wires leading to the injectors with a noid light, and I didn't get ANY flash at all. So I was pretty much saying to myself after that... oh shit.

It started with starting fluid (not for long, but long enough for me to know it's capable of running).

What I started to look into then is if my ECU is all good to go - which it is, the wires leading to the injectors put out voltage from the ECU. We jumped different wires to the injectors, and swapped some connectors around from one harness to another to make it all fit right, and hey what do you know - I got a few of the injectors to fire, but still didn't run. So I am starting to think I have put the wrong wires to the injectors, or that I don't have everything hooked up that is necessary. I have a few spare wires - where I am just clueless as to where they go.

One of the wires is down toward the VSV - it is a red connector that looks identical to a injector connector.

Up top near the fuel rail there is a red connector again that looks identical to an injector connector... and I can't find a mate to it anywhere.

I am doing this all from memory but I am pretty sure that one of the wires is a black with a green stripe, and black with a red stripe.

Then there is also two yellow wires that seem to have been linked in somehow with the injector wiring...

If anyone makes any sense out of this post and has any worthy advice, I much appreciate it.

If you just want to make fun of me - you can do that too - lol... I am pretty much clusterfucked in wiring right now... as my supra is over an hour away from me and I can't sit down and go through a wiring diagram with my car to figure all this out, so I am just trying to get some more knowledge to help me diagnose everything once I get to my car.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Alright, so I towed the Supra back to a friends house today nearby... so I can finally go through and finish her up. I wired the injectors correctly going right from the ECU to the injectors then gave them all ground...

After doing that I did what I could do to get the fuel pump to work correctly with key on and and all that... couldn't get that to work quite right yet... so I went into the diag block to manually turn on the fuel pump while cranking... and for some reason the damn thing just won't turn over.

With the help of starting fluid I can get the thing to go for only a second or two... I know this is a fuel related problem... and I have a feeling that the wiring diagrams on cygnus are throwing me off due to the fact its for 89+ and I have an earlier year.

Any input again please.. it could be something stupid simple.. like fuel pressure and things like that - I can hear the fuel flowing - and there are no visible links.

This project is starting to be a mystery to me, I have NEVER had this much trouble on an engine swap... done a lot of Toyotas... and this is by far the most involved car I have ever done.