So why aren't you using the GE intake manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
MrWOT;1261718 said:
I'm going to assume that was a joke :icon_lol:

On another note, the ACIS should be able to be tuned on the dyno the same as with the TVIS, one run open, one run closed, you've found your baseline switch point +-300rpm.

People have tried it, It's not worth it. If you're looking for exact numbers on gains or losses, just go do it yourself. The time and money could be spent much better elsewhere but to each his own.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I have a great idea since you seem to be hell bent on doing this. DO IT and prove everyone wrong.

Otherwise it's time to STFU.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
MrWOT;1262826 said:
Link? EGT and A/F spread? Did I miss something? Test conditions?

For Christ sake, just drop it already. If you are so interested in the results then buy one and put it on your car and bring us back the results.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
shaeff;1261490 said:

The author of that article posted this:

"I have the ACIS system on my now turbocharged 7M-GE and remarkebly it has still provided two torque curves between the designated 4200rpm. I plan to do some experimentation with ACIS during my next trip to the dyno. I will perform runs with the valve closed ( long runners), with the valve open ( short) and then multiple runs using different activation RPMS. If this system can yield more power because of its changing attributes, then it may be a desired modification for mid-power performance enthusiasts. "

It would be interesting to see actual test results. Good or bad. I assume that the NA-T 2J guys would have played with this by now. Let's post this on SupraForums?

Perhaps figgie can tell us if acoustical pulses vary with manifold pressure?

MrWOT

NERD
May 9, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
You know, I posted this for your benefit, because you have a good, cheap mod for performance AND reliability, available almost anywhere and it was being overlooked. If I had a GTE, I probably would test it myself, but I don't, nor do I have interest in putting one in.

The problem with your reasoning is assuming that because one person did not find gains, or did not think they did, that there are none to be found, which is wrong.

The gains from the change have nothing to do with acoustics and pulse tuning. They come from changes in inertial tuning from plenum volume, pressure recovery and changes in distribution. I already understand why it will work better, that isn't even a question. But if you aren't interested, I couldn't care less, it isn't my loss.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Different cam so the pulses are different...

If you use N/A cams you choke up top and kill the torque curve...

System isn't tuned for it, plain and simple...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
MrWOT;1263293 said:
You know, I posted this for your benefit, because you have a good, cheap mod for performance AND reliability, available almost anywhere and it was being overlooked. If I had a GTE, I probably would test it myself, but I don't, nor do I have interest in putting one in.

The problem with your reasoning is assuming that because one person did not find gains, or did not think they did, that there are none to be found, which is wrong.

The gains from the change have nothing to do with acoustics and pulse tuning. They come from changes in inertial tuning from plenum volume, pressure recovery and changes in distribution. I already understand why it will work better, that isn't even a question. But if you aren't interested, I couldn't care less, it isn't my loss.
And on that note this is dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.