So why aren't you using the GE intake manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWOT

NERD
May 9, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
I searched, and to my surprise, no one seems to switch to the GE manifold?

I'm quite surprised this isn't something that has been persued. If someone with an ems/wideband has access to both and feels like taking the time and doing some dyno testing, I'd be happy to pitch in some greenbacks for dyno time? :)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
For the same reason many people used NA cams. They are known to make small gains in midrange torque to get the fat NA's moving better, but tend to choke the GTE's in the upper end.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
There is no point in using the GE intake manifold on a boosted car. The ACIS does not work under properly positive manifold pressure. If it did, most people would swap to the GE manifold I'm sure.

Imagine the low/midrange torque gains that could be had if the ACIS worked in boosted applications? I'm fairly certiain that drjonez tried it several years ago, but I'm not sure if he dyno'd the difference or not.

MrWOT

NERD
May 9, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
It has nothing to do with a higher flow potential, it has everything to do with superior distribution. Like I said, if someone wants to do testing, I'll throw my own money at it, and I'll bet you the GE works quite well in a high power gte

slowpra na-t

Permanently Banned
Oct 16, 2008
murrieta ca
i dont think it will help. i had a GE intake manifold on and switched to the gte intake and had no noticeable difference. i had never dynoed it but the track time were the same.

MrWOT

NERD
May 9, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
Well, since no one seems to think this is a good idea, I'll leave this out there if someone wants to take me up on it. I'll put $50 of my own money towards the dyno, and I'll cover ANOTHER $50 if it DOESN'T make better power over the GTE.

Only requirement I have is it needs to be on a 400whp+ vehicle and I want afr tracking through both tests. I'll leave it at that.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
MrWOT;1260729 said:
Well, since no one seems to think this is a good idea, I'll leave this out there if someone wants to take me up on it. I'll put $50 of my own money towards the dyno, and I'll cover ANOTHER $50 if it DOESN'T make better power over the GTE.

Only requirement I have is it needs to be on a 400whp+ vehicle and I want afr tracking through both tests. I'll leave it at that.

i believe its been done. search around youll find the results.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
MrWOT;1261295 said:
I searched every thread with intake manifold in the title. Only ones that weren't about front facing manifolds were these

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16219&highlight=intake+manifold&page=3

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6013&highlight=intake+manifold

Neither have anything useful or were tested as far as I can tell.

two very educated people tried it and both concluded that the gains were minimal to non existent.

just bring the piece of shit GE manifold to the scrap yard already!

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
very interesting thread the only use i got for a n/a intake right now its trying to make an ffim with it im in the process curently remove the acis and im going to use the n/a tb in the front if anyone knows how to use the n/a tps in a gte ecu will really help me or about someone that already do it please pm me thanks...... help or opinions will be really apreciated .....

MrWOT

NERD
May 9, 2007
Grass Valley, CA
lagged;1261471 said:
two very educated people tried it and both concluded that the gains were minimal to non existent.

just bring the piece of shit GE manifold to the scrap yard already!

I'm going to assume that was a joke :icon_lol:

On another note, the ACIS should be able to be tuned on the dyno the same as with the TVIS, one run open, one run closed, you've found your baseline switch point +-300rpm.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i thought the acis only worked GOOD on an n/a car because theres no positive pressure in the intake manifold? which is why we have a "log" of a manifold with ONE inlet...

Status
Not open for further replies.