so.... this is kinda embarassing...

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
I want to build a wrecked nsx.... and I joind a site called nsxprime.com, but when I tried to post, they said I couldnt... anyone ever encountered this? there using an outdated form of vbulliten, so that might have something to do with it... I tried contacting some mods over there, but they're all offline, so... i dunno... help?

Yawgmoth

Gonzo apprentice
Mar 31, 2005
Davenport, Iowa, United States
You probably have to have your account authorized by a mod, and since they are all offline...or maybe you have to have a certain number of posts in a noob forum?

How did you come across a wrecked nsx for sale anyways?

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
I was going to post a wtb for a salvage titled one, and they also had a lot on there w/ salvage titles, but the all looked pretty clean, and that means expensive, if I could i'd try to just get a rolling chassis and start from there...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Usually vBulleting sends you an email that you have to open and click on a link to authorize your account. MANY ISPs will assume the email from vBulletin is SPAM, and refuse to let it go through. :(

So, your next step is to send an admin an email from the email address you used to register there and ask them to help you out. Worst case, they can update you manually.

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
SP 7M said:
Is your Supra "done" yet? Yeah, I use the term "done" loosely-hence the quotes.

no, but it probably will be by around mid-may, I'm not building the supra for a lot of power, so I'm just doing an N/A>T with some basic supporting mods, and aftermarket shocks/springs/sleeves, and if I feel like it, some urethane bushings. I dont plan to start the NSX till early-to-mid summer, and even then, it'll be a fairly slow-moving project. jeez, at this rate, I'll never make it to japan.

ninja: and I can check my spam, so I will.

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
lol yeah, right after college, its one of those "going for a vacation, but I might choose to stay" deals. and how much do you think a stock rolling chassis would cost? what I'm trying to do is build like four-five specialty cars, you know, drift(supra), rally('95 sti)<another reason to go to japan, highway/grip racing(nsx) and so on...

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I've been a member of nsxprime for quite some time and I can tell you that you are considered EXTREMELY lucky if you can find a wrecked-but-repairable NSX rolling chassis for $10k. It's going to be like Yawgmoth said...around $15k. Keep in mind, this is for something repairable with NO engine. You can find a decent 90-91 for around $27k+, but you have to know what to look for. Good luck on your project though.

Mr.SelfDestruct

May 27, 2005
everett, WA
ya, I think i'll just build an mk1 mr2, because i can build it to be faster than an NSX before I even come close to the initial price for a good used one. not to mention I've always been a toyota man meself. i've even heard of someone trying to swap in a 2jz into a mk2 mr2, didnt get a followup, though. i dunno what engine I'd put in, but its gotta have more torque/power than the 4ag.

L

lanky189

i dont think so. becuase of the placement of the engine in the rear..you'd hafta find a way to get drive to the front.. simply spinnge a 3sgte drivetrain around would cause the wheels to run in reverse of the direction you'd want.

thinkin about it tho.. as good as an mr2 can turn, why bother with awd..its not gonna do much for a mid engine on launch..