So N/A guys, what exhausts are you running?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
What exhaust are you guys running? I'm sure most are running custom setups, so feel free to post what is in that setup as well. I'm doing this so people who want to upgrade have an idea what is loud and what isn't, and what's good and what isn't, etc.

Currently: Stock Exhaust Manifold/Full 2.25 Inch Header-back Exhaust with Two Magnaflow Mufflers (One muffler in back, and one where a Resonator would be). VERY QUIET.

Later: Custom Header/2.5-3 inch exhaust. No idea yet, because I need to find out the specs of the new header.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
AJ'S 88NA;951658 said:
2 1/2" off headers straight back to a hollow fake muffler, yeah is loud.

I can't imagine how loud that is. How do you drive it around? (referring to how you deal with it and how others deal with it, or more importantly, the cops :))

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I got pulled over twice in my prelude cause of the loud fart can.....can't imagine how much more loud a 7m would be!!!!!

Something I would also like to know is the whats everyones opinion on the most quiet but still performance minded exhaust...

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
i have 2.5 from the headers with a high flow cat and magna flow exhuast tip.. its kinda loud but not to bad sets off alarms now and then:evil2:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
wish i could figure out a way to mix and match to get sound that i like without having to buy one of everything and a shit ton of clamps :(

ive got a stocker on there now, planning to weld up 2.5" mandrel bent this summer.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Clip;951784 said:
wish i could figure out a way to mix and match to get sound that i like without having to buy one of everything and a shit ton of clamps :(

ive got a stocker on there now, planning to weld up 2.5" mandrel bent this summer.

Maybe you should install a glass pack to adjust the tone after you find your set up.

Clip needs clamps. That's a thread title gents.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Ma70.Ent;951679 said:
I can't imagine how loud that is. How do you drive it around? (referring to how you deal with it and how others deal with it, or more importantly, the cops :))
Well I can drive it in "silent" mode when I see a cop, you just feather the gas a little and I can make it sound like a Caddy:)

If I drive it normal it's not too bad, just when I go any were close to 1/4 throttle it starts to get a little loud. full throttle sure doesn't sound like a 7M:naughty:

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I have the standard 2.5 in exhaust with no cat to a dynomax super turbo. I hear more engine bay noise than exhaust... well until around 3500 RPMs. I like the sound of the exhaust system. Not too loud.

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
a FREE HKS sport exhaust from the cat to the back. 2.5 or 2.75...not sure which one it is but AJ can clarify for me. its nice and sexy, awesome tone when revving. sounds great and even louder at WOT. makes car alarms go off when im in 4th cruising at 2k rpm.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
It's a borla xs pro. Stock exhaust mani. Stock pipes.
Just a trick muffler. The car has only been on the road once sinse the install.
I was running a 16 inch glass pack with the stock pipe set up which was noticabley louder than the borla.

Improved throttle responce??? Well it breathes well. But I'm not sure that I could affirmate anything other than nice tone in the lower register of the w58 tranny gearing.

I gave 65$ for the thing. And I bought it from another member on this forum.

So I'm not complaining.

Do I have plans for a real exhaust? I think everyone does.
This set up will suffice until I can get hold of a full autech exhaust system.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
borla pro xs 60 bucks, custom 2.5 from headers back, no cat, no tip. looks hidden. the supra owners that live by me love the sound of it. and neighbors hate it. possibly planning on headers. my cousin on his 88 turbo had a catback brullen 3 inch exhaust. gutted cat. and was loud enough he got tickets. lol

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
So all you guys are running loud ass exhausts? :D

I'm aiming for a quiet one that still gives good enough performance. We'll see after I get my header :)

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
3" FTW!!!! (not really)

3" is cool. Way to loud for me though. If I was aiming for actual NA performance I would make a 3" or 2.5" to 2 2.5" that I had planned but I don't feel like getting it made.