So many options to choose from. MS3? Haltech? AEM? Something else?

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
at the end of the day it all boils down to the tuner that will deal with your car! regardless of what anyone says or believes, all the ecu's about will do the same job! i personnally have MS3X in my mk3 and no one can say anything bad about it without me pulling them up on it! AEM, Haltech, Motec etc all can work and will just boil down to tuner and what your pocket can afford.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Personally dont think you can compare a V1 with the new infinity both in hardware and software. When i looked into swapping out my older haltec, to get some more functionality, i narrowed it down to MS3PRO and infinity. By all accounts they both do great but at the time when i was looking MS didnt have full safeties, so i got a great deal on an infinity. Now MS has updated their safeties so its a good option, also huge following and the forums are really well sorted for information and diagnosing any problems.

I am pretty damn happy with my infinity though. My cars never driven so well.
I had the infinity driving withing 2hrs of finishing the wire up, boosting in 2 days and fully tuned in less than a week just driving to work. They've made it very easy for the end user. Even managed to output speed to my digi dash from the infinity using an LX450 speed sensor, which hasn't worked in forever due to speedo cable issues.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Nice.

I heard the infinity interface was great compared to V2/V1.

I ran a Stinger 4424 for years. I have a Pro-efi 128 going on the car this time around, and it's only because of the failsafes. It's insurance, as I am building my 1JZ block this time. I am getting too old to be changing motors so often, and decided to copy MKIV buildups

Failsafes are worth it to me, and the best reason.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Interface took a little getting used to as im more accustomed to all the Haltecs i look at. IMO the haltecs are easier to work with but i cant fault the Infinity. Safeties was the main reason i changed as well, had two mates lean out motors and watched one guy lose a sump plug at an event and thought i better get myself a modern ecu with all the sensors.

I looked into proefi but i wasn't very happy with the user interface no matter how much i tried to get accustomed to it. The price point also favored the infinity. I can see the need for a pro-efi in a more modern setup where you need everything to be controlled and interconnected. Dash, auto etc. Horses for courses i guess.

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
MS3P has been the buzz word around and i downloaded the software to get a feel for it ect. I did look at the ECUMaster option but it would take up too much space in the cockpit for my liking but it hasn't been ruled out. Im in my junior year for an engineering degree so everything has been put on hold for a while so i cant buy anything for a while -___-. I was thinking that the msp3 universal with the 8 foot harness would be good option so i can wire in my ID's and the flex fuel sensor while running the new harness how i want and for the money. Still got some more research to do

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
What is the best pricing on the ms3pro?
From what I can find online and a quote I've gotten for an infinity already there's basically no price difference.

Does the ms3pro have all the failsafes of the infinity? I'm currently running the AEM V1 and shopping for an upgrade so I can run flex fuel in the future.
I've looked at the ecu master as well but for the price and features and size I feel the infinity is a better deal for me. The built in wideband controller and map sensor is nice but I've already got that stuff so it's not like it's an extra expense for the ms3pro and infinity.
I have no experience with any standalone other than the V1 except what I've read online. However I know real world experiences can differ.
Has anyone switched from ms3pro or ecumaster to the infinity or vise-versa?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
A70BoosTFienD;2064229 said:
MS3P has been the buzz word around and i downloaded the software to get a feel for it ect. I did look at the ECUMaster option but it would take up too much space in the cockpit for my liking but it hasn't been ruled out. Im in my junior year for an engineering degree so everything has been put on hold for a while so i cant buy anything for a while -___-. I was thinking that the msp3 universal with the 8 foot harness would be good option so i can wire in my ID's and the flex fuel sensor while running the new harness how i want and for the money. Still got some more research to do

It can be a little bulky if you use the plug and play adapter, but the EMU itself is pretty compact. We sell a flying lead harness for $110 which is a great starting point if you want to rewire it, at which point it doesn't take up any more space than the stock ECU. Plus, the connectors and pins are included free of charge, as is the 4 bar MAP sensor, on-board wideband controller, 6 channel ignitor built in, etc. All in all, you're spending at least a few hundred more for any other option.