so... in light of one of my previous threads... I just wanted to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
[Video=youtube;5oHdBA7oAKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHdBA7oAKI[/video]

p1910066_1.jpg

Unfortunately I learned the hard way to slow down.

Luckily for me I didn't involve anyone else and I walked away from it with my life.

I can not deny that a drive fast and take risks from time to time. But I'm not going to defend my stupid behavior.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
well, you live and you learn (at least that should be the case) the mkiii is definitely a tank though... that's for sure

hvyman;1910018 said:
Was talking about the cars they drive on the streets not there f1 cars. But they crash those as well.

yeah... uhm... I'm guessing you misunderstood what I was talking about? I'm confused.... I knew exactly what you were on about

all in all... the supra was built for speed; with the power it has, and the GT qualities... I've mistaken 120mph for ~60 before... I wasn't paying attention and was pissed about something... but my speedo definitely read 120... I'm also pretty sure my perception of speed is off. Almost like fast is slow... but it's never actually caused any real problems... just one of those things to be careful of and watch out for...

stew_7mgte

Jun 12, 2011
Fontana, CA
No its not "you live and you learn". Not when you put other peoples lives at risk doing it. The streets are not your track, your not the best driver in the world. Anyone that has that philosophy still has a lot to learn in this world.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
stew_7mgte;1910085 said:
No its not "you live and you learn". Not when you put other peoples lives at risk doing it. The streets are not your track, your not the best driver in the world. Anyone that has that philosophy still has a lot to learn in this world.

who said you had to risk other lives? the idea is that you risk your own... unless you're just plain stupid, then you should just stay at home

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
89jdm7m;1910174 said:
who said you had to risk other lives? the idea is that you risk your own... unless you're just plain stupid, then you should just stay at home

What part of public roads don't you understand?

Yes, I've done some crazy stuff, but I've never been in a serious wreck because I have some self control...

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
so, you guys have never gone out with a group w/ radios, and monitor a section of what may as well be an abandoned section of road? I guess you could have your stray 6 year old that would come running out of the wilderness towards ear-blistering cars, intent of self-destruction.... but I've yet to see that happen

all it boils down to guys... use your damn head... if your head is broken... just sit it out (permanently)

just because a road is "public" doesn't mean you have to involve anyone else in your antics...

In any case any time you exceed 25 mph you're putting everyone's life at risk in your vicinity. So, automatically, 95% of drivers are more irresponsible than I for the simple fact that they do not give their undivided attention to the task at hand.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
89jdm7m;1910338 said:
all it boils down to guys... use your damn head... if your head is broken... just sit it out (permanently)
This is exactly why we keep entertaining your responses. We think your head may be very broken. Perhaps you should considering sitting it out...

just because a road is "public" doesn't mean you have to involve anyone else in your antics...

Your self described incident going 120mph in the vicinity of anybody else, much less an area with a cross road or some sort of parking lot/ pull off shows you were, at least at one point, unable to keep others from being a part of your "antics". On any public road, it is difficult not to put anyone else in danger while doing stupid things. We all do it to some degree, but you seem to have a frightening lack of comprehension for how your actions can hurt bystanders.

In any case any time you exceed 25 mph you're putting everyone's life at risk in your vicinity. So, automatically, 95% of drivers are more irresponsible than I for the simple fact that they do not give their undivided attention to the task at hand.

It's difficult to accidentally take someone's life at 25mph. It's very easy to accidentally take someone's life at double the speed limit. There's a big difference between driving like a normal person and driving like Evil Knievil. Regardless of your current driving habits, your inability to grasp that difference is scary.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
suprarx7nut;1910353 said:
This is exactly why we keep entertaining your responses. We think your head may be very broken. Perhaps you should considering sitting it out...

there's no denying it is... but in what way? if it were broken in a way that rendered me a deadly maniac, I'd be a goner by now 100x over

Your self described incident going 120mph in the vicinity of anybody else, much less an area with a cross road or some sort of parking lot/ pull off shows you were, at least at one point, unable to keep others from being a part of your "antics". On any public road, it is difficult not to put anyone else in danger while doing stupid things. We all do it to some degree, but you seem to have a frightening lack of comprehension for how your actions can hurt bystanders.

Given the circumstances I did my best (and successfully so) to not involve anyone. I hit the road @ approximately 3:45 in the morning. By my perception, the deadest time of day. I hit a back road that even under normal circumstances sees a very minimal flow of traffic. In the end, someone showed their willingness to die, and I spared them in exchange for a smashed rim. No one was involved. They could have been, but I removed them from the equation by decisively avoiding them.

It's difficult to accidentally take someone's life at 25mph. It's very easy to accidentally take someone's life at double the speed limit. There's a big difference between driving like a normal person and driving like Evil Knievil. Regardless of your current driving habits, your inability to grasp that difference is scary.

so how many people have you killed @ 25mph? yeah none. it's just as easy as anything else... you just wouldn't know. Personally I feel it is easier to avoid an incident when I've already achieved a certain velocity, expanding my options from try to dodge, stop, or head straight in... to move past, dodge, stop, or head straight in... I know that sounds iffy at best, but I've been in plenty of situations where moving faster than traffic (if only slightly) has saved my ass.... it is give and take though, you have to weigh your options and the risk associated. it would theoretically be possible that moving at a higher rate of speed would make it impossible to avoid an incident... but once again we arrive at this word in the english language "MEDIUM"

Let me boil it down again. Your perception is limited. So is mine. But clearly I'm still being more open minded about this.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
89jdm7m;1910354 said:
Let me boil it down again. Your perception is limited. So is mine. But clearly I'm still being more open minded about this.

I think you are just a master troll. It's too hard to believe that you are even surprised, let alone honoestly defensive about any of the criticism being hefted onto this thread. Your orginal post was two videos featuring drivers that you yourself implied were "nut-jobs". To most adults, "nut-job" is not a title to be proud of. It isn't cool, it isn't endearing and it sure as Hell has nothing to do with masculinity. It's an insult. In fact, once you get past the age of 20, you usually start using different terms to describe such guys; things like "idiot", "moron", or my admittedly unrefined personal choice, "f-ing retard".
For most of us, you basically said, "here's a couple of vids with some f-ing retards."
We all chimed in and agreed with you, supplying various judgements and criticisms of those who drive like f-ing retards. Then you came back at everyone with sarcastic defensiveness, trying to suggest that dopes like them are just manly or that it's just awesome to be crazy.
Unless someone is the kind of guy that never actually developed mentally past his teens, who thinks it's cool to have the nickname "Psycho" or insists that he wear the number 69 whenever he participates in any sport, being a nut-job isn't cool, so we had no way to know you weren't of a like mind. If you go back and read this thread inserting the phrase "f-ing retard" everywhere you wrote "nut-job", you will begin to understand why everyone came across the way we did.
However, once you started trying to create some imaginary middle ground where it's okay for SOME people to be dangerous so long as they are good enough drivers, that's when you put the blood in the water.
Like I said, though, I gotta believe on some level you are just stirring the puddin'.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yeah, I thought I'd kick the hornet's nest some more ;)

You really expect me to not be fine being who I am, what choice do I have? Either I can be all twisted up in a knot over being a social outcast, or I can get the fuck over it. I'm going with option B.

Way I see it... most people are nut jobs in one light or another.... for instance... you're a nut job for not realizing this and having great difficulty coming to terms with it ;)

make no mistake, this is a giant troll, but I'm being honest and having legitimate conversation... I'm not just being a total ass-hat

so to boil it down... being a nut job IS cool, when you have to be cool with it... roll with the punches, be yourself, I'd rather be happy than not.

LET ME BE EXTREMELY CLEAR... IT IS NOT OKAY FOR ANYONE TO OPERATE OUTSIDE OF THEIR PERSONAL LIMITATIONS. in other words.... BE CAREFUL.

This thread is not intended to give people bad ideas. Most people get bad ideas just from watching movies/tv... or watching other morons drive around. In either case I would implore anyone to deeply consider any action they take especially behind the wheel. It's not something to joke about, and it's not something to take lightly.

But like I said, all you can do is give sound advice. People will do what they will.

iruyle;1910408 said:
To most adults, "nut-job" is not a title to be proud of. It isn't cool, it isn't endearing and it sure as Hell has nothing to do with masculinity. It's an insult. In fact, once you get past the age of 20, you usually start using different terms to describe such guys; things like "idiot", "moron", or my admittedly unrefined personal choice, "f-ing retard".

yeah... there's no rule book saying you have to be nice about it... some people are who they are, no matter what it looks like, how it sounds, ect... it is what it is. Whether you want to be insulting and degrading in regards to people's mental conditions... well that's your choice, but that does make you an inconsiderate asshole

anywho, here's a good one

"When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands."
-George Carlin

:rofl:

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Remind me of the self entitled dickheads I talk to about HID kits... "I don't give a shit if I'm blinding people, I care if I can see!"

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I thought the thread was...

"fess up... most of us drive our cars fast occasionally"

not...

"Its okay to speed and drive in a manner that is putting everyone at risk on the roadway"

Nobody has the right to risk another's life just because they think they can handle it. Alternatively, some of us do occasionally push the limits and I can admit that...

perhaps I missed the whole point by the OPs incessant attempts at inflaming people...

Status
Not open for further replies.