so im going to look at a mk3 turbo on wednesday...

mnsupraboy

Apr 25, 2008
Rochester
yea i had a couple friends check it out for me, the pass side light cover is painted black, white bumper, obviously, interior is supposedly in good shape...

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
looks good except for the trim. damn that pre 89 trim. and either the exhaust isnt factory, or its rotted, because the factory exhaust has 2 tips. so either thats aftermarket, or the other tip rotted off.

and does anyone know where i can get a bra like that?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Ask him when the head gasket was replaced (most recently if ever). If not, unless you have the tools and the means to be able to replace it, don't buy it. Do you have the money and time to be able to put into a 20+ year old Supra? Sure it looks clean, but a 2 day head gasket job can easily turn into 6 months if you don't have anywhere to work on your car, no tools, or no money.

I don't exactly wanna talk you out of it cause of course I love me some Mkiii's, but I'm in the middle of a head gasket job and it blows ass when you have to work outside when it's raining sideways and snowing.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
Looks like there has been some front end damage, (accident) also the upper grill is missing and the other body panals are in rough shape as well. I wouldn't pay 4000+ for this. Not to mention taxes and charges because it is a dealer. If you even think of buying this get a carfax first.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Well few months ago we drove up to PA and bought a 88 with 87k org miles had a repaint to yellow was white... mags nice tires.. interior 100% sept arm rest gone..paid $3200 for it.. needed turbo rebuilt.. it took shit on way home and the front oil seals... and a/c charged.. i think we paid about 500-700 to much for it...but i keep telling gf that i think in 5 years the car will be worth 7-10k easy...because its in very nice shape.. and low miles...

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
holy 80's bra Batman!

That car looks beat to hell on the outside, and pretty good inside. Would be curious to see under the hood. No way in hell I would pay 4 for it.

mnsupraboy

Apr 25, 2008
Rochester
87mgte;1004864 said:
Ask him when the head gasket was replaced (most recently if ever). If not, unless you have the tools and the means to be able to replace it, don't buy it. Do you have the money and time to be able to put into a 20+ year old Supra? Sure it looks clean, but a 2 day head gasket job can easily turn into 6 months if you don't have anywhere to work on your car, no tools, or no money.

I don't exactly wanna talk you out of it cause of course I love me some Mkiii's, but I'm in the middle of a head gasket job and it blows ass when you have to work outside when it's raining sideways and snowing.

i am rebuiling a 7mgte block with 5m pistons in our garage, is 4 car... room for two, so i would have to shove the 86 out of the way. head gaskets are not that bad, ive done them twice now...not on supras however.

simpsons7s;1004867 said:
Looks like there has been some front end damage, (accident) also the upper grill is missing and the other body panals are in rough shape as well. I wouldn't pay 4000+ for this. Not to mention taxes and charges because it is a dealer. If you even think of buying this get a carfax first.

heck yes, and the damage is kinda what im counting on to help bring value down, ill offer $1000, low bawl :) haha

theWeezL;1004911 said:
holy 80's bra Batman!

That car looks beat to hell on the outside, and pretty good inside. Would be curious to see under the hood. No way in hell I would pay 4 for it.

exactly thats why im gonna talk him WAYYYY Down...maybe i should print some of these quotes off and bring them in and show them...

ill take alot of pics on wednesday. kinda wanna test drive it anyway, i havent driven a turbo supra yet.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i drove a stock turbo supra... my n/a felt faster. hahahaha

but i would be cautious(sp?)... i would be SUPER anal about the frame under the front bumper, check all of the front areas for damage, you DONT want a messed up frame.

other than the typical supra faded bumpers and what not, looks decent.