So i went out ot start my Supra...

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
i went out to start my Supra which is sitting in my driveway with a BHG, but it will still normally start except for today. I went out there and tried to start her up and all i get is" fwap fwap fwap fwap" really fast, its not turning over its just going "fwap fwap fwap fwap" then i popped the hood to see if i could find any obvious reasons and i couldnt but i did happen to take the radiator cap off and the coolant burst everywhere! WTF is goin on?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
does your coolant still look like coolant? or is it like chocolate milk? put a different battery in it cus it sounds like your battery isnt strong enogh to give hte starter the full power it needs.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
coolant is still green, my battery was just charged up a couple weeks ago, but i guess that could still be it.

jaydm16

May 2, 2005
be careful! If you have an excess amount of coolant in the cylinders that is a good way to hydrolock the motor and bend a connecting rod.

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
having coolant in the oil also can wash out valuable oil from your major bearings..leave it sit and get to tearing that head off