So i took my dog for a walk last night....

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
and he started sniffing around my car and freaking out and growling. then i hear growling and snarling that WASN'T my dog, and took him in side.

came back out with my flash light and this is what i find......

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

he was SOOOO small. i tried to get him out with a broom stick and tried everything i could think of. i jacked my car up as much as i could without hurting the little guy. then i called animal control.

the lady came out to get him and said he was barely 6 weeks old and only weighed 4-5lbs. i felt so bad for the little guy. but he put dents and teeth marks in my little metal broom handle (thin sheet metal or tin)

before the catcher got there i took this video with my cell phone. he definitely knows how to protect himself thats for sure!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Growing up in the country I learned that racoons can be pretty viscious but usually only when they are backed into a corner. Otherwise they are fairly docile and very curious. It would have wondered off had you left it alone but you probably did the right thing calling animal control, as they can relocate it to a place less likely for it to become roadkill.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Aww!! He's so cute!

We had 2 rescued raccoons as "pets" when I was younger....then we found out I am allergic to them. But they are fun! :)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Awww!!!

I think racoons are so damn cute, even if a "nuisance". Went camping a couple weeks back, and at our friends' trailer there lives a female racoon who is VERY friendly. Was taking crackers out of our hands and was just really nice. She would crawl up the side of the trailer while were inside and my BF would put his hand on the window and she would put her little paw on his hand through the otherside of the window.

I've never seen a racoon that close before and never new how smart they were either. They're like mischeivous little teddy bears

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
LOL hes so cute... I was staying with My gf on and off for a few months almost everynight.. But was coming home every 5-8 hrs feed my dogs and cats.. Come to find out i had a family of racoons living there at night... eating dog food cat food.. they were coming in threw cat door...Well now i just stay at gfs now and then...

Funny the dogs wont let them in now when im there.. but when im not they dont give a shit LOL damn animals..

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
HommerSimpson;969529 said:
LOL hes so cute... I was staying with My gf on and off for a few months almost everynight.. But was coming home every 5-8 hrs feed my dogs and cats.. Come to find out i had a family of racoons living there at night... eating dog food cat food.. they were coming in threw cat door...Well now i just stay at gfs now and then...

Funny the dogs wont let them in now when im there.. but when im not they dont give a shit LOL damn animals..
forgot.. one night was sitting on shitter and saw this tail behind tolit.. was a HUGE posume... had a family of them coming around to..

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Raccoons are awesome. I live in an apartment and theres a family of about 3 of 4 living in the tree right outside of my balcony. They walk around not bothering anyone and they seem more curious then anything. Although they can be viscous bastards. Years ago my neighbor had a full grown german shepard and a raccoon put it in the vet for 6 weeks.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
lol, coon be gone. retail suggest $50 for proper suspension adjustment for coon removal.

sorry, highly bored and figuring monthly bills in my head.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
my car is lower than stock. in that pic it was jacked up 4-5 inches to get him out

i love raccoons too which is why i did what i did. plus it was in the 50's last night and the animal lady said he would've been in bad shape if i let him go all night

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
The perfect thread. Short and to the point story, with pics and a video.

oh the racoon was cool too