So I just so happen to have a rapid prototyper(3d printer) and CNC.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
lol, not against the idea at all, as I'd be the FIRST one to buy one...

I can't afford a ronr, nor is he producing them like he did.

300 for welding the pipes up is absurd when you can get a genaric kit with couplers and make it work just fine. It's the exact reason I won't dump that much money on cooleeze IC piping as I could do my own for half that...

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
You can have ten couplers to blow off... or 4....

How do you bead your pipes when you cut them?

I take a generic IC piping bend kit, and cut and weld them up for my customers. I charge 300 to fit and weld the pipes. On a straight foward install, its usually about a 5-6 hour job. On something like I did not long ago.. a 300zx TT with twin front mounts(required 3 of those generic kits to get enough bends) I charged double that price. It took about 14 hours of solid work to get them done. The customer thanked me for doing such a good job for a reasonable price(stillen made a similar kit once... it was over 1500)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
stock has tons of connections, as does a cooleeze. installing the setup right and checking for leaks is important.

I do agree with having less parts, but it's not always possible if you need to pull the pipes without pulling the bumper off. Just my opinion, but if someone is looking for true performance they'll get a ronr manifold and not get a budget FFIM...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'd say a better oilpan, but I think there are better materials for that.

However, something that bolts into the stock front license plate location and follows the lines of the front bumper would be awesome.

So would a cold air intake box that cuts off the section behind the passenger side headlight... just cut it off entirely and everyone can cut the appropriate sized holes for their IC pipe routing.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I guess so.... but its still not THAT much difference in price... I'll have to post up a pic of those 300zx TT pipes... I'm sure everyone would enjoy.

When my partner and I get our company up and going and all the tooling, we may seriously look into building these adapters at a reasonable price. Possibly even a hybrid from scratch lower runner section to make the flow even.(We have a flowbench ;) )

I've got to secure my CNC(used at a great price), and I'll be open to ideas.

However, I still want an engine cover ;)

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Poodles said:
lol, not against the idea at all, as I'd be the FIRST one to buy one...

I can't afford a ronr, nor is he producing them like he did.

300 for welding the pipes up is absurd when you can get a genaric kit with couplers and make it work just fine. It's the exact reason I won't dump that much money on cooleeze IC piping as I could do my own for half that...

i was talking about gixxer being against it, i know me and you are on the same page buddy. :biglaugh:

bottom line is the adaptor works and couplers will hold boost fine. The only reason i would buy a Ron R, is if i was shooting for Duane and Nate's level of power or i was building a show car, anything else is overkill.

It would be like putting a Polished Tunnel ram dual quad intake manifold with 1050 carbs on a 302 mustang you drive to work everyday.

youd only be the first if i didnt beat you to it. :biglaugh:

making a custom lower intake manifold that would bolt to a stock 2j upper would be too expensive, there would be too much labor and work and THEN the cost wouldn't be worth the gains. then it would be same price maybe slightly lower for the lower section only to use a stock upper off of a 2j.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Yeah, I thought GReddy made a bolt on upper plenum for the 2JZ... If you had a lower runner modified to fit the 2JZ upper portion, then the bolt on GReddy, *should* work...

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I still like my idea for this same thing. Build a custom lower intake that is an adapter in itself. One end flanged jz, the other 7m. There is more room to ensure good flow with a whole custom lower!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Modified or full custom, works either way, custom will be better most likely as the spacing for the jz runners are farther appart than the 7M's IIRC and a whole custom piece should allow for more even/better flow! It's a nice idea to have here people as it makes things so much easier to do becuase upper 2JZ runners and it's upgrades are so easy/cheaper to buy than waiting on custom intake mani's to be fab'd up!

Just think, a mass produced lower runner setup that will bolt onto the upper 2JZ manifold or the GReddy, (insert brand name here) upgraded manis for less IC piping and better flow!