So I did some cleaning today...

Cokedoctor

Slow Boost
Oct 29, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I was reading a thread on here, about somebodys engine bay was sooo clean, and people were complimenting left and right. So...I decided to get up off my butt, and go out to the garage and start cleaning. The car is currently not running, so I figured this is a great chance for me to start cleaning. Now....I just bought this car, my first supra, 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I had to tear it apart as soon as I got it pretty much. It has a knock in the motor. But anyways, the car came with this THICK, GROSS, undercoating, that was sprayed all over the inner fender wells, radiator support, and fender sills. After 19yrs of grime has had its chance to stick to it, it was looking pretty darn aweful. So, I found an empty Windex bottle, and I filled it with some solvent, from the parts washer, and started spraying away, followed by some scrubbing, and wiping. Let's just say my finger tips are a bit sore, from running into everything, and rubbing/pushing down.

Here's some pics. I don't really have any good Before pics....but you can get the idea. I've cleaned the passenger side, however I have left the driver side virtually untouched. I'll do that side, another day.

p816647_1.jpg

p816647_2.jpg

p816647_3.jpg

p816647_4.jpg

It's looking much better, however I still have alot more work to do. But its getting there. :)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hahaha, you're in the same boat as me. keep bustin out the simple green, and repaint those valve covers :) nothing looks better than a fresh coat of paint

Cokedoctor

Slow Boost
Oct 29, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Yeah, we used Pressure Washers at my old place of Employment to clean engines. My new work uses degreaser in a spray bottle. Spray it on, let it sit, rinse it off. Stuff's nasty. I dont have any of it, but I do have Solvent, from my dads parts washer. He's gonna get new solvent soon, so he told me to use as much as I want. It works pretty good. I think I'm done for now......unless I get some more ambition. Me and Superium did the rest of it tonight. He took some brackets, nuts, bolts, etc, and painted them. He also repainted the head shields for the turbo. Of course, I won't have anymore time to work on it til at least Sunday to put stuff back on, but here's what I guess you'd call a finished product til then. Now if I could just get the engine fixed and back together....

p817240_1.jpg