So check out my new DD... :-)

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
So my boss had the title to this 94 Civic LX 4 door, he got it from a lady who couldnt pay her rapair bill, so he paid it and she gave him the car. It wasnt starting for some reason or another so they did a diag on it and replaced the dist and it still didnt work... so they assumed bad gas after checking a small sample.

Finally after waiting my boss decides in my situation Im in need of a better car than the one I currently was using to DD (my 89 Celica, granted this thing is a beast, and I LOVE it and its in great mechanical condition, the amount of rust is making it unsafe)

So he hands me the title and says pay me for what I put in it, get it running, and its urs.... so I gave him $225....and the car is now mine. I spend a few hours on it today, drained the gas, refilled it with $8 worth. Checked the fuel system pressure and tried to start her up. After attempting to crank it for about 5 mins, I almost gave up then BAM!!! She started. Just had to clean out whatever was in there. She was idling rough so I went in, replaced the spark plugs which were DONE WITH haha. Continued with valve cover gasket, spark plug hole seals (forget exact name) and a new air filter. Chaged the oil and tranny fluid.

I called up my insurance to swap it from the celi to the civic, it went down $30 overall for my 6 month premium! haha. All in all I got a great car, I found out on the way home shes most likely gonna need a waterpump.... SOON, she tried overheating ont he way home on the highway. Regular 2 to 3000 rpms kept her at temp but above or below that, such as idle as well, she was warming up. Also the check engine light hit but I think we fouled out the O2 sensor.... not a big deal. Only other issue is that its missing its VSS so the speedo doesnt work at the moment. I put one in to test it, that worked, so I gotta wait til next friday to purchase one.

Anyways, cliff notes, new DD for $225. Heres pics.... ( I cleaned it AFTER I took these)

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
RedEj8;937917 said:
Sweet should make a nice little DD
www.honda-tech.com is your friend now.
If you work for honda im sure you know all the ins and outs of it. :)

Yeah I have access to every bit of info I need, but Im sure ill sign up to Honda-Tech anyways for just anything else I might not get from work.

upgradedsupra;937920 said:
Congrats for the cheap daily :)

Duane

Appreciate it.

LilMissMkIII;937924 said:
Congrats Mister!

Now I can put shit on you for being a Civic owner :D:D:D

Its alright, Ill just give u shit for being an aussie:biglaugh:

jk jk

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Ooo I love a challenge....

An Englishman wanted to become an Irishman, so he visited a doctor to find out how to go about this. "Well" said the doctor, "this is a very delicate operation and there is a lot that can go wrong. I will have to remove half your brain". "That's OK" said the Englishman. "I've always wanted to be Irish and I'm prepared to take the risk".

The operation went ahead but the Englishman woke to find a look of horror on the face of the doctor. "I'm so terribly sorry!!" the doctor said. "Instead of removing half the brain, I've taken the whole brain out". The patient replied, "No worries, mate!!"