So about these hardpipes...

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so these hardpipes and ceramic coated shiny pipes i see everyone replacin' their stock pipes with...they look damn sweet...but do they really do that much? like changing all the IC piping to hard ceramic ones...what does that give you..and i saw that accordian intake hose that goes into the turbo in shiny ceramic too...what does that give you? is the turbulence that much less?

thanks.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
the hardpipes, should add about 20 hp, just from reduced turbulence, and they obviously seal better and don't expand and contract (like rubber or plastic)... the ceramic should help keep intake temps down, so that's more hp right there.... the turbo inlet should add a few hp too, once again with the same concepts in mind, it also looks WAY better, lol

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so..if i had a ceramic accordian hose..it would gain me some horses? damn! i should of added the twenty bucks and bought that fancy shiny one i thought was just for looks.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
are you talkin about switching from rubber to the metal (ceramic treated) or from metal to metal (ceramic treated) switching from the rubber to the metal (ceramic or not) will ad like 1 or 2 hp, lol the ceramic will add like .001 hp, maybee? and look nice, that's it

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
NashMan said:
3 word's less heat soak if not any
2 more words LOL

Lifetime replacement

Note: Currently waiting 20+(since payment received) days on my accordian replacement and ic pipes ceramic coated. It's okay though I know they will get here and be top of the line quality. Greg is a good guy and is a key source for my Supra.

Last edited:

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
no from rubber to metal. when finding my accordian pipe glued all over and taped up with duct tape i needed to get a new one. this was before i was aware of these supra communities so i bought a brand new one on ebay for sixty bucks. i couldn't find it anywhere else so i was pretty pumped that i found it...but i also so the metal one for sale and thought, forget that..now i regret.:-(

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
Are you guys talking about IC pipe kits or some sort of intake pipe kit?

I've seen "hard pipe" replacements but only for radiator hoses and such.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
This post theKnifeArtist was asking to see if their was significant gain in getting metal pipes vs. rubber. Which I was actually wondering myself since I've been waiting on. I knew their would be some sort of gain but in numbers i wasn't sure. BTW is that gain 20 bhp or 20whp? Anyone dynoed before/after installing ic hard pipes or accordian metal replacements?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
87CandyBlueT said:
This post theKnifeArtist was asking to see if their was significant gain in getting metal pipes vs. rubber. Which I was actually wondering myself since I've been waiting on. I knew their would be some sort of gain but in numbers i wasn't sure. BTW is that gain 20 bhp or 20whp? Anyone dynoed before/after installing ic hard pipes or accordian metal replacements?

i can not see a gain but you will here your turbo more thou and bov will get louder as well

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
robbo185 said:
there is a dyno sheet floating around that a metal intake for the turbo adds 2 hp....thats it
Nice, I would think the IC pipes would perform much better than stock. The cooleeze 3000 pipe replacement is 2.75" which matches the diameter of the TB, should increase throttle response and pick up a few ponies.

Quick ? off topic UPS and USPS don't deliver on Sunday do they?

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
87CandyBlueT said:
Nice, I would think the IC pipes would perform much better than stock. The cooleeze 3000 pipe replacement is 2.75" which matches the diameter of the TB, should increase throttle response and pick up a few ponies.

Quick ? off topic UPS and USPS don't deliver on Sunday do they?
1) ic pipes add more horsepower...like 15-20, the accordian replacement adds like 2
2)no

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
1) so how much does that long IC pipe go for that goes to the TB around here
2) what about that radiador hose right up in front with the 90° bend that i've seen in metal. what's the gain in that?

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
theKnifeArtist said:
1) so how much does that long IC pipe go for that goes to the TB around here
2) what about that radiador hose right up in front with the 90° bend that i've seen in metal. what's the gain in that?

1) You can buy the HKS 3000 pipe replacement(Also 2.75" diameter) for $99 at JSCspeed.com *Edit* I have heard their are fitment issues with the HKS pipe someone with it chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

2) Well as with any other metal hose replacing plastic it won't expand as easy as the rubber. I don't beleive you would gain any hp from it, but like I said above... 2 words Lifetime replacement. spend($60-$88) and never worry about it leaking. Their are other alternatives too. Search google.com for earl's radiator hose, you can find knock off's of them as well for $40 to $50ish

Also your question above about heat soak. I'm not 100% sure but I beleive eat soak is like gas vapors that condense when you shut of your warm engine and it starts to cool and you go to start it again while it's cooling can cause heat soak not positive though. You don't want heat soak! Especially at the strip.