Smoking turbos???

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Ok, i think the twins are going bad, i need peoples experience with the twins
going bad, Ths is what is happening to me right now, While driving partial throttle there is no smoke, As soon as i let go of the throttle boom blue smoke comes out, I got home i parked it, I started reving it & some blue smoke comes out, it doesn't really smoke at idle, any help would be appreciated, if there gonna blow.................. I am gonna have to talk to
my sponsor.......................................My Wife.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
does it smoke on startup as well? my guess would be valve seals.. The turbos will smoke more at idle then anything else..

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
It smokes a little, you can smell it, during partial throttle none, as soon as i left off, shit people get scared.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
The funny thing about blown turbos is... All the 1JZ SC300 people with the GENII intake design never blow turbos.

It's a recall on your jza70 for a reason people... Fix it.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
you prolly killed it when you ran it on a dyno with 20psi. blown twins will smoke like !MF! at idle. if you are letting off the throttle or during decell and you get a puf of smoke that is normal. but if you're getting a lot of smoke well my guess is something else.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Ric said:
The funny thing about blown turbos is... All the 1JZ SC300 people with the GENII intake design never blow turbos.

mine has the gen II design and fortunate the twins were in good shape. JARCO wasn't lying when it sold me the clip and confirmed that it wasn't smoking.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Ric said:
20psi doesn't kill stock turbos. If you bought brand new twins from toyota you could run 20psi on them for years and years.

The oil does. The blades are ceramic, oil causes hotspots.

"prolly" but his twins aren't brand new :biglaugh:

EDIT: hey Ric, where you been man...heard csnow was looking for you.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
OneJSupra said:
mine has the gen II design and fortunate the twins were in good shape. JARCO wasn't lying when it sold me the clip and confirmed that it wasn't smoking.

I've never heard of a gen2 design blowing turbos. Locally there is 5 1JZ SC300's using GEN2 motors. In the last 2 years, none of us has had any problems with our twins, and we all ran 18+ psi. As far as I know, my twins are still working good since I sold them a year ago.

EDIT* Been busy working.. I can't seem to get ahead of bills with a deadbeat wife.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ric said:

That PCV hose does nothing. I've had both and turbos will still blow.

Another myth as far as I'm concerned.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ric said:
I've never heard of a gen2 design blowing turbos. Locally there is 5 1JZ SC300's using GEN2 motors. In the last 2 years, none of us has had any problems with our twins, and we all ran 18+ psi. As far as I know, my twins are still working good since I sold them a year ago.

EDIT* Been busy working.. I can't seem to get ahead of bills with a deadbeat wife.

You should look harder. I know people with 'gen 1' 1Js with the shorter pcv hose and those with 'gen 2' 1Js with the longer one. There's no correlation between turbos blowing less often with the 'gen 2' setup.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I have the GenII motor, well the smoking part just started happening 2 days ago, it never smoked before, i was running them a 14 psi for daily driving, am might change the pcv valve & see if that helps, Now where can i buy the pcv??? is the 2jz the same???

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Ok, talked to sound performance today, I am about to blow one of the twins, time to go single.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I was thinking of going with a Master power T70, alot of people think they are gargabe, But my friend yusuf of Aura racing is a distributor of Master power turbos, He has been running the T70 for 3 years on his EvoII, Yes a Evo II, Daily driving the car, driving the car to events too, I've been surprise on how realiable the turbo has been, The best time he has with the T70 is 10:45 at 140-145 mph on sumitomos street tires, So what do you guys think of me getting one??? I already have an AEM, I probably have to do atleast a walbro 255 fuel pump for low boost until i save enough for dual walbros & fuel lines.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I think i have a video of my friends EvoII somewhere in my computer, I just don't know how to post something like that.