smoked my turn signals

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, i will get better pics another day, and ignore the healdight cover. Im in the process of doing a headlight mod too.

Let me know what you think.

p564108_1.jpg

p564108_2.jpg

90SupraMike

Aug 1, 2006
Van Nuys, CA
sorry this is a little off topic but do you have this
image.php
in a bigger size?

also the lights look nice and im plannign on doin that to all of mine well maybe except for the rears.

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
OneJoeZee said:
If I didn't have turn signal covers, I might consider that. :p

Not sure how I feel about it on a white car though.

Well i want clear ones but no one will sell me any so i decided just to do this for now, i think it will look good once i get black wheels and tint my windows and all, kinda a black and white theme.

And MK2concepts, i took a can of gloss black spray paint and lightly dusted on 3-4 coats of black, and since spray paint leaves a rough finsh i took some paint thinner and lightly rubbed it down to smooth it out. then i took it to my work,(i am a painter at an autobody shop) scuffed the paint open, clearcoated and baked them.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
89turboguy said:
Well i want clear ones but no one will sell me any so i decided just to do this for now, i think it will look good once i get black wheels and tint my windows and all, kinda a black and white theme.

And MK2concepts, i took a can of gloss black spray paint and lightly dusted on 3-4 coats of black, and since spray paint leaves a rough finsh i took some paint thinner and lightly rubbed it down to smooth it out. then i took it to my work,(i am a painter at an autobody shop) scuffed the paint open, clearcoated and baked them.
or you can get VHT tint spray, that works the best IMO.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
looks good.... i was going to try my taillights but use window tint, my friend got his taillights done with like a clear bra type material, it seems like a less permanent mod.

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
That looks great man. Good job. I almost blacked out the amber part of my taillights on my Impreza. I may just go with some red rockblocker film instead.

Willie

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
89turboguy said:
Well it's better that you did this. Clearn corners are just yucky.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yeah i've had vht in my house for ages. i bought it one day and never used it. i planned to do my taillights i just think ill fuck it up and it'll look dull.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
theKnifeArtist said:
yeah i've had vht in my house for ages. i bought it one day and never used it. i planned to do my taillights i just think ill fuck it up and it'll look dull.
it is dull if you dont clear it. ill try to take a few pics of mine and post them so you can see if you like it or not

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I'm more of a clear corners on white/light cars and smoked for darker cars, but it DOES look good :)