Smoke after shutdown.

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, my tires are shot, so I havn't been driving the supra, but I've been going out and starting it and letting it run for awhile every few days. I had the hood open, and after I shut her down, I noticed some light smoke, just visable and smelling of oil, coming from I believe the exhaust side of the engine. Oil level is fine. whats up?

Thanks guys,

albert

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
could have a little bit of oil leakin out somewere so that it is getting on the engines hot suface and causeing a little bit of smoke.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
%20 chance of problem, im leaning more towards it sounds like something isnt tightened properly. and a little oil is escaping. scrub down ur engine bay (good time to clean it too) and turn on the car and watch the engine for a while turn it off and check like crazy for leakes coming from somewere.
i had a similar problem but mine was from a hose, and it was antifreeze. the hose that sticks out of the bottom back end of the engine on the passenger side was old and cracked so a very small amount of anti freeze was escaping, like couple of drops and it was causeing the engine to steam. replaced hose and problem fixed.