Small fans stay on all the time when the ign is in on position

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
Hi all!
The 2 small electric fans on the drivers side of my rad stay on all the time when the ignition is in on position. Even if i havent driven it for a few days as soon as i put the key in and turn it they turn on and stay on until i turn the key off. It just started doing this a couple weeks ago. Hoping someone has had this issue befor and can point me in the right direction. Thanks

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
Ya i can read it. Its just finding them under the hood lol. Thanks. The ac system is comin out at some point anyway. Just sick of the fan noise

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The high pressure switch is on the top side of the passenger wheel well. There are A/C lines on that side with the charge air piping hiding them. That is near the bottom of the canister.

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
Is there a way to bypass the high pressure switch? My ac doesnt work and as far as i can tell theres no refrigerant in the system. It hasnt worked since i bought it. Im gonna rip the ac out of it anyway

K3vdaw6

Jul 1, 2015
canada
SUCCESS!!!! Followed your directions on wherr to find the hp switch. Had the car running, fans spinning away. I just touched the wires coming out of the hp switch and the fans stopped. Now just have to repair the wire or remove the connector or bypass the switch. I wonder if i can just unplug it

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
21b335f671a44a72ba6f4a5c20ab274b.jpg

If your thermostat housing looks like this then try unplugging the middle sensor (the one with white tape in the picture). Mine is bulging out and sometimes the fan comes on and unplugging that turns it off. New sensor on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If I spent some time on google, I would have that water switch replaced one that comes on at 215 and off at 200. It might be in the TCCS thread where the temps are listed, but I know it is a safety switch, not a control. I would have it as a redundant control with the fan clutch. For now, I turn mine on whenever I please.