SM GT4 Challenge!

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
MKNTRAXX said:
that time is pretty quick..

Thanks, like in real life, the key to a good time at Laguna is putting together a good run on the 1st half of the track. If you botch a corner and have a low exit speed, you'll be going slower for a looong time on those uphill straights.

Last edited:

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
im in.....

edit:
my best time = 1.42.135
computers best time = 1.45.433

as for the strategy i agree the front half is very important to keep you speed up 2 biggest ones are:
1. front straight into the first corner downhill is a very big key. pull this corner off and the rest of the corners fall into place easily.
2. the famous corkscrew. braking is extremely important here and if setup correctly fixes your speed to hit the rest of the corners exactly as long aaas you keep it out of the grass when the weight settles.

Last edited:

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
my dad bought this game and, i tried to drive the JZA70 with mods out the wazoo (including suspension and shit) and....even at 40 mph the f'ker won't even steer around a pitiful little curve. i tried adjusting everything, i think the game is just gay

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hehe... I always cut through the grass on the corkscrew. In GT4 I have to let off the gas as I'm going through it, but that's still the spot where I usually pass everyone, if I'm not in first place. It's the last turn before the finish line that I always botch.

I don't have a PS2, but I'll try to do some of these challenges at buddies' houses.

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
Man! I'm having a tough time at this one! I can't even get into the 1'40"s yet ... stuck at 1'52" while I'm learning this track.

PS. The only MKIII I find is the Turbo R w/ 276hp. Is this the same one everyone else is using?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I think you have to have bought the car in simulation mode before it shows up in arcade. That's how it seems a lot of the cars get unlocked in arcade, you buy them in simulation.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
in arcade mode you need to click on era not manufacturer and then select 8x-89 and it will be in there. ma71supraturbo maybe you should have the best times in the first post so people know where they stand. so far that 1.42 is a fluke i think because i cant beat my GD ghost of that run yet..(best after has been 1.43.001!!!) making me mad

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
I got the new record!

1'23"!!!

Okay, I cheated by adding Super Nitrous using Codebreaker 9.0. :icon_twis

muwahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to find the Turbo A version tonight so I can legitimately try and get 1'42".

Word.